Friday, April 29, 2011

Sunshine, oh glorious sunshine!

The sun, the sun, the sun is SHINING! Oh how I love the glorious sunshine. Today is a beautiful day and my mood is really good and the sun is shining! There’s definitely something to having better moods with better weather because even though I’m not doing anything super fun today, going anywhere spectacular, whatever, I’m just overall really happy and in a good mood… don’t spoil it for me, ha!

I am officially done with my clinical placement for the semester and I’m kind of bummed. I looked forward to going to my clinical placement during the week and catching up with my supervisor and seeing the patients. I think I’m going to miss the patients that I've come to know over the past couple of months the most. But, it’s time to move on to my next placement, learn more, make more mistakes, and take away another wealth of knowledge. It’s how it works… I have to say though that I couldn’t have had a better first semester off campus. And now one of my classmates will be at this placement and I hope that she enjoys it as much as I did! And… on my last day my supervisor, two nurses, the receptionist, the ENT doctor, and myself all went out for Chinese for lunch in honor of the ENT doctor’s birthday. To top it off, my supervisor paid for my lunch. Heck yeah! It was a good way to end the semester! (And I managed to escape the temptation of the ice cream dessert!)

My sister and her friend came up last night and spent the night. Her friend had an event here in town and instead of having to get a hotel room or drive to and from Green Bay all in one day, they stayed here. My sister’s friend is super nice and gave me a gift card for some Culver’s ice cream for letting them stay here. How awesome is that?! Especially when it was no skin off my back for letting them stay, isn’t that was family is for? Besides, it’s not like I don’t enjoy getting to see and spend some time with my sister. It’s not like I get to see her everyday and I know that she liked seeing Ayden as well.

Here is a family picture that we had taken the other weekend. I think my brother might have taken it for me. Of course Jay has his typical scrunchy face and squinty eyes and Ayden has perfected the ‘fake smile’ and I look semi okay, but with a little editing, I rather like how it turned out. You know, for a quick snap shot. IMG_6337aI shaved my legs today. Okay, maybe that’s just a typical normal everyday thing for most woman, but not me, haha! TMI?! Maybe, but remember, my blog, haha! I HATE shaving my legs and in the winter months it happens a LOT less than it should. In the summer, I shave them every few days, I mean wearing shorts means that I pretty much have to, lol! I also tried out waxing today, um, yeah. Haha! I’ve had my eyebrows waxed once or twice before. It hurts. I deal with it, but still. Ugh! I wanted to try it at home. Um. Yeah. Worked great, hurt like… wow! Needless to say, shaving every few days just might be worth it.

I get the house to myself this weekend! Yeah! And I don’t really have any homework to do. I have a short presentation to finish up, but I did most of it already and its pretty informal which is nice. So that means a weekend to myself doing what I love to do best, read and watch TV! It’s definitely what I need after the last few weeks of constant assignments. I found out that my last Geriatrics test (which I thought I did okay on, but not great) resulted in an ‘A’ and that my business plan (which I finished up with a few choice words and lots of ‘BS’) resulted in a 24.9/25 which is pretty fabulous as well. I don’t even think that the teacher read half of what I wrote because I don’t know that I would have graded myself that good either. And to top off the great grades, I got an ‘A’ for my clinical placement grade too! A few more to end the semester would be great!

I had Ayden’s IEP meeting today with his speech teacher and his regular teacher. It went really well, both teachers are super nice and answered all of the questions that I had. His speech teacher even went to Point for her undergraduate and graduate degree. Ayden will most likely be in speech throughout second grade as well, but I know that it is good for him and he enjoys it.

Best part about today… getting to sit outside on my swing and read in the warmth of the sun! Heck yeah! It felt SO nice and my book is getting really good. Think I might just head off to go read some more of it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: