Sunday, April 3, 2011

Felt like crud, but better now!

I slept like crap Thursday night... I couldn't stay asleep, I couldn't get comfortable, I was either too hot or too cold (I'm too young for hot flashes, hehe)! And I'm definitely felt it on Friday! I thought I was getting sick. I had a bit of a sore throat and I'm was very achy and freezing cold all day. I just could not get warm. Like, I could feel that my face was warm, but the rest of me felt really cold. I took my temperature and I had a low grade fever, which was just great! And my lower back, the back of my thighs and my rear end just plain out ached! I don't know why... I thought maybe it was because I have been sitting so much this week, but honestly, I haven't been sitting any more than I usually do. I think that had a lot to do with why I didn't sleep good Thursday night, as well. I was only comfortable when I was standing or laying down on my stomach. Oh well, just me complaining like usual, eh?!

But I ‘toughed’ it out on Friday, worked, did a bit of shopping, and then spent the better part of the afternoon on the couch. I had one killer of a headache Friday night, but I slept much much better Friday night which was GREAT!

Ayden's favorite show started a new season this past week and we let him stay up an hour past bedtime to watch it. It was on from 8-9pm and he is usually in bed around 8pm. We recorded it on DVR as well, just in case he was getting crabby and needed to go to bed early. He behaved really well and stayed up throughout the whole thing. What is the show, you ask, because I haven't said yet... well, it's Swamp People on the history channel and it follows a bunch of rednecks down in the Louisana bayou who go alligator hunting during a 30 day season each year. I kind of like it too... haha!

Jay made himself a new fleece tie blanket last night. It's a Michigan Wolverines one. He loves them and the blanket turned out good and is nice and warm. I really like new fleece blankets, they are super soft!

We went for a two mile bike ride on Thursday night as a family and it was lots of fun! We did find out that Jay needs a new bike though because he can no longer change gears on his current one (which is probably almost 15 years old) and that his back tire rubs when he tries to brake. We found a nice one at Walmart for a good price. I can’t wait to go for more bike rides as a family once the weather gets more stable. We couldn’t go on Friday because it was rainy out (and I felt like crap). The weather was pretty fabulous yesterday, but we were gone all day long, and today the weather is once again crap. I especially loved that Ayden asked if we could go even farther on our next ‘adventure’ so that is awesome!

We got new phones! Yippie skippy! Actually, I really like the new phones, but I don’t like the fact that our crappy phone company would not let us out of our contract. Oh well, the new phones were free! They are touch screen phones and have the Android operating system and the best part is that now I can download all of the free apps that everyone is talking about! Hehe! I think I’m in love! And there is GPS built into the phone and we tried it out yesterday and it works and is super awesome and is free! Bring on some Angry Birds and Ant Smasher! Addicting!

Time to go be productive again, I pretty much finished up my presentation for tomorrow, just requires a few practice reads, and I’m about done with an assignment due on Wednesday. Yeah for productive Sundays!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: