Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{zen}

This week is going SO slow and I LOVE it! I am literally soaking in every moment of no stress, no school, no clinic, and the beautiful weather. I don't think that anyone could ask for a more perfect spring break. It has been probably forever since Jay, Ayden, and I have had a whole week together with nothing to do. I only worked one day and we have all been just super laid back. Lots of fun family time, but I do know that we could never do this full time because we would get on each others nerves too much. I have to say, it has been pretty good so far this week.

I have officially signed up for the Praxis this week. Just over one month before that weight is off of my shoulders, but I am trying not to stress over that right now. I know that I need to start studying a little bit for that, but even just having signed up for it is a step in the right direction, hehe! I have also been semi productive with my capstone project this week which is another step in the right direction for me. I haven't done quite as much as I would like; however, each step forward is considered progress, right?

The two best parts of this week... the weather and being able to sleep in for multiple days in a row (although it has sort of reeked havoc on my ability to fall asleep at night).

I chopped my hair off yesterday. Okay, so I didn't actually chop it off, my hairstylist did, and I am in love with it. I haven't gone this short in quite a few years, but it was time for a change. Jay told me right out before I went to get it cut that he liked my hair longer and didn't want me to get it cut. Oops, haha! He'll get over it and besides, he won't be home during the week anymore so he won't have to see me with it short for very often. I really like how it turned out and so did everyone at work this morning. It is pretty low maintanence which is what I wanted and I was able to recreate the look I came home with last night so that is an even bigger plus. You know, you leave the salon loving how your stylist styled your hair and then the next morning no matter what you do, you cannot recreate it! Well, last night I paid particular attention to what she was doing and it worked! I am sad that last night was probably my last night getting my hair cut there. My stylist is awesome and I don't think I've ever left the salon unhappy with how my hair turned out. I do have to say that my appointment last night probably could have taken an hour less if she wouldn't have talked so much or maybe worked a little faster. I was there for three hours (I got my hair highlighted too), and I couldn't get a word in edge wise, hehe! I guess she just loves to talk to her clients. I have to say, I was never bored while there!

I haven't been working out in the basement for the last week(ish). With the beautiful weather it is just so hard to get myself to go down there to workout when I could be outside. So, instead I have been getting my cardio in on my bike. I've put almost 35 miles on my bike in the last week. Most of my trips have been around 5 miles with Ayden to the beach and back, but him and I did a six mile one once, and I biked eleven miles one night as well. I can't say that the five mile rides were too intense because they weren't, but there were enough hills that we had to go up so they had to count for something! The eleven mile ride was good. I took me almost exactly an hour. I was averaging 11.1 miles/hour the whole trip (love my little bike odometer thingy that tells me all of that good information). My legs were feeling it after that one though! Tonight I rollerblading eight miles and that felt really good too. I probably could have kept going too, but my knee was starting to bother me a little bit. I just love being outside and active in this weather! And I just cannot believe that it is still March and the weather has been so nice for so many days in a row! NO complaining from me. It is fabulous! And the current weather forecast on my phone is predicting 50 degrees or higher through April 14th. Now I know April 14th is still a ways away, but if we can keep the weather 50 degrees or warmer until then, that is just less and less time that it can get super cold again. I don't know that I can fathom getting out our winter coats again. We literally skipped the mediocre spring weather so far this year. I mean, one week it was winter coat and boots weather, and the next it was shorts and sandals. We have had our windows open for the last week. I am in full walking outside barefoot weather. The snow is totally gone from our house and Jay has already made the lawn look pretty. I've been sitting outside reading, Jay and Ayden have been golfing, the plants are growing, it is just amazing!

I hesitate to write this, because I don't want to jinx anything, but Jay and I are going to look at a house to rent this weekend. We are very excited about it and praying that if it is meant to be, it will be. I have more to say about this, but I don't want to get ahead of myself or get too excited about something that might not be. So, like I said before, if it is meant to be and things do work out, be prepared for a post all about it. I think because our weekend is going to be filled with lots of fun stuff, both Jay and I think the week is going slow. I also think that Jay is anxious to start work on Monday. We are heading home Friday sometime and Jay and Ayden might go fishing with Jay's brother Friday night. Saturday, we are meeting up with my sister and brother in the morning to take some pictures for our mom's mother's day gift and then going over there for lunch and an afternoon of good times. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice the whole weekend. Then on Sunday we are going to look at the house and pick up some boxes from my dad.

Jay thought it might be a good idea to start going through our garage and separating what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to sell at a rummage sale. Let's just say our garage is a mess right now! I will probably not be parking in it anymore, which is okay. We have a lot of stuff that we want to sell. I think we both have decided to have a rummage sale at wherever our new place ends up being this summer. It means having to haul everything when we move, but we both think it will be easiest.

New Criminal Minds is on tonight, so time to go watch that (and maybe have a big bowl of ice cream?!).

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: