Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{you're NOT tired}

Oh, but I AM tired! My body hurts and I feel like I could sleep a whole day away, but I cannot and therefore will not, I will just complain about it. Actually, I am not so much tired, as I am sore. I have been working out pretty consistently since February 13th, but last week I got just a little 'lazy' and instead of working out indoors, I got my work out on, outdoors. I biked a lot and even rollerbladed, but I don't know that they were as effective as my indoor workouts. I know I was still being active, but I also know that I wasn't eating as well as I should have been either.

I gave myself the weekend to pig out because I knew that we were going home and I wanted to enjoy the meals that my mom was making. I mean, I couldn't make cake pops for her birthday and then not allow myself to enjoy them, now could I?! So, I ate good over the weekend and then told myself Monday was a new week. I also decided to restart my Turbo Fire program with a vengence on Sunday and I am not looking back this time! I am trying to really hold myself accountable to the program this time. And even though I was supposed to take Tuesday off according to the program, I didn't because I knew if I did, I probably wouldn't pick back up. I thought then maybe I would take tonight off because the next workout in store for me was the Fire 55EZ workout, but I knew that if I took today off and got home from clinic late tomorrow that I wouldn't work out tomorrow either and then probably wouldn't pick it back up. So, today, I pounded out the Fire 55EZ workout and I am SO proud of myself. I did it without stopping as well! I didn't know if I had it in me to do the whole workout, but I pushed through!
,
Because I have patients scheduled through 4:00pm tomorrow, I will probably not be getting home until 5:00-5:30pm. I then have to cook supper for Ayden and myself. We are also having one of the first year students over and her husband and daughter to come look at our house because they are potentially looking at a new place to rent. I'm sure they will be here for at least a half hour or so and by then it will probably be 7:00pm or later. And I am usually bushed after a long day of clinic. I thought about maybe getting up early and working out, but I doubt I'll get that ambitious and I am feeling that my body needs a day to recoup as well.

Other than working out with Turbo Fire again, I have doubled my water intake as well. Normally, I drink two bottles of water a day. One with lunch and one with supper. Since Monday I have been drinking four bottles of water per day. Let me tell you, doubling your water intake means you have to pee A LOT and OFTEN! Haha! TMI?!?! I am super hydrated, that is for sure! We use the MiO water flavoring at our house and I love it. I don't particularly like just regular water, so if I can add something to it that has no calories or sugar or anything and then makes the water taste good, I'm all for it! We'll see how long I can keep up drinking this much water before I get super sick of it. I've been drinking one between breakfast and lunch, one with lunch, one with supper, and then one after supper, usually after I'm done working out. Starting on Monday, I've also started calorie counting again. Have I metioned that I'm still no closer to 115 lbs today than I was on February 13th when I started working out? If anything, I'm farther from it! Muscle hopefully! I still struggle with trying not to let the scale number bother me. Working out makes me feel so good afterwards, so I'm hoping to keep at it regularly.

Ayden and I have been doing alright with Jay so far. Day numero tres done. Ayden has been behaving pretty well after school. Tonight he was super excited to help me make supper. We just had mac n cheese and hot dogs, but I let Ayden do a lot of the work. He is growing up so fast! We also did a bit of grocery shopping and have been keeping up with his reading and homework each night. Jay has to work on Sunday, so he will be coming home Friday night and staying until supper on Saturday. Part of me thinks it really isn't worth the gas money, but I know that he wants to see us and we want to see him too.

As each day passes, we figure out a few more details about our moving. Thankfully I have enough other stuff to keep my mind busy throughout the most of each day that I don't sit and obsess over it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't super excited about it! But before we can do that, I have a few assignments that I need to start and complete (two by next Wednesday). I've started both assignments and neither of them is going to be too hard... it is just a matter of completing both of them. They are both busy work, which is stupid at this point in our education, but I would rather have stupid assignments than exams that I had to study for, so I will take them without too much complaining. Speaking of school, I was totally thinking about 'calling in' today and skipping class. My classmate is gone to the audiologist conference in Boston and I really just didn't want to sit through either class today. But, because I am a good student, I didn't 'call in' and went to class. My first class was short because a few people in Madison were gone too, and my second class was cancelled. Awesome! It was a good day! Now, if only clinic was cancelled tomorrow, haha! My schedule looks pretty full for tomorrow, but I know that that will make the day go fast so that is good.

Time to go relax with the little man!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: