Sunday, August 26, 2012

{back to the grind}

After four days off (courtesy of my supervisor having vacation), I can't believe I am saying this, but I am ready to head back to clinic tomorrow. Working girl here... just guess it was meant to be. Love being at home with Ayden, but need my patients as well. We have definitely enjoyed the last four days together. On Thursday, we had Ayden's cousin (and mine), Mitchell, over for the day and they had a TON of fun together. I am sad that we didn't do it sooner in the summer. Because they kept each other busy for the majority of the day, it left me with some time to just chill. Actually, I got caught up on my laundry that day and started cleaning for Ayden's birthday party yesterday, which by the way was awesome!

Jay and I sort of got into it on Thursday night. You know, that old adage of open communication isn't always my forte. He had been gone every night that week thus far and we hadn't really got to spend any time together... especially since he tends to go to bed earlier than me most nights. I was sort of looking forward to Thursday, as not only would I actually get to see him, but there was quite a bit of cleaning that needed to be done. Well, not so much cleaning, as there was shit of his that needed to be put away and I wasn't going to be doing any of the putting away. Nothing pisses this woman off more than getting something out and then just letting it sit for weeks on end... NOTHING!!! This type A personality likes to keep a clean home (most of the time)... that's just me. Talk to me after I have more little munchkins running around the house and that very well may be completely different. I do have pictures from when Ayden was younger and we have toys strewn EVERYWHERE in the living room. Now that he is old enough to mostly pick up after himself, I make a habit of having him do that. Do I allow toys to stay out overnight, of course, my house isn't ALWAYS in order. Case in point, because I refuse to do the dishes, there are almost ALWAYS a pile of dishes on my counter. Oh well, haha!

Anyways, back to what I was saying about Jay... he called me at 2:30pm and told me he was on his way home from work and needed to stop at his parents for something quick. By 4pm, he was STILL not home and so Ayden and I went to drop Mitchell off and then went for a bike ride when we got home. As we were getting home from our bike ride around 5pm (or maybe a little after), Jay was leaving the house to take his parent's lawn mower back. When he got home after 7pm, I was a little peaved because we still needed to get groceries for Ayden's party. He went shopping alone and we didn't speak for the rest of the night. So much for seeing him that night. Ugh! We were fine again though when he got home after work on Friday.

On Friday afternoon, my sister Alexis came over to spend the night and play with Ayden. Love that those two can also keep each other company, but it is tiring with two of them, no doubt! Just watching them exhausted me, haha! They were both a great help on Saturday morning with some last minute cleaning and all of the decorating! They did all of the decorating and even though it was Ashley perfect, it was Ayden and Alexis perfect and I didn't change anything! They were so proud of themselves with the decorating! The party was great and I cannot thank my family enough for coming over and celebrating Ayden's birthday with us. We have the best family in the world! Jay's grandma even brought us some flowers from her garden. Literally the sweetest grandma EVER! Although, Jay's other grandma comes in a close second. I couldn't be marrying into a better family! (That's not to say my grandparents aren't pretty awesome either... I have some VERY fond memories of supper at my dad's parent's house with everyone coming over, and still love the impromptu get-togethers there!)

I was supposed to have a senior photoshoot this morning, but the rain put a kaboosh on that. I was bummed as I scoured Pinterest last night for inspiration and found some awesome stuff and was excited about it! I was able to reschedule with the client for next weekend. Next weekend and the weekend after are going to be super busy. Next weekend I am photographing a wedding with my cousin that I am really excited about, then the senior shoot, and the weekend after I had two photoshoots on Saturday and then another one scheduled for Sunday... busy busy busy! I don't have anything planned for the following weekend after that and don't know if I want to plan anything for it right now, haha! I will probably need some downtime! I remember that I was really busy at this time last year as well with photoshoots.

Little man starts 3rd grade next week... ugh, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: