Saturday, August 11, 2012

{quiet}

My house is quite quiet right now. I am the only one home. This seems to happen quite a bit lately. I won't complain. I do enjoy a bit of 'me' time every now and then. And for the majority of the time that I am home alone, Jay and Ayden happen to be spending time together, and any father/son bonding time is okay with me. Unless of course, my dear son happens to be enjoying time with his grandparents. That has been happening a lot.

Today, Ayden and Jay are fishing. I am relaxing at home and getting ready for a photoshoot later this afternoon.

I enjoyed getting to sleep in this morning, as I was up at the crack of dawn on Wednesday when I was supposed to be able to sleep in.

On the downside, the cause of my sleeping in was me being wide awake at 1:00am with a stomach ache. I swear I am turning lactose intolerant because I had some ice cream before bed. However, in retrospect, I did have a stomach ache before I had the ice cream, so having the ice cream was probably not in my best interest, but I was craving some chocolate.

I went to bed around 9:00pm... mostly because I was falling asleep as I was reading and slept until 11:30pm at which point I woke up and stayed awake. I was awake until sometime around 2:00am. At some point I moved from the bed to the living room and turned the TV on so I wouldn't wake Jay up and slept on the couch for the rest of the night. It felt good to sleep in this morning (might I mention that Ayden spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so we were child free) and then lounge on the couch watching a Lifetime Movie in my jammies until whenever I felt like getting up. I haven't had one of those kind of days in a LONG time and I needed one, oh how I needed one.

I am finished with my online class for a few weeks again. About time, I was really just getting sick of it, although I am not really looking forward to the next one either.

My supervisor is taking a few days of vacation next week and the following week so I will have a few days off. On one of those days, my mom and I are taking Ayden to Funset for his birthday. My mom took him last year for his birthday and this year I happen to have off so I am going to go with them. Before we go, Ayden and I are going to stop off by my mom's work to see everyone. I worked at the same place as my mom for a little over a year (obviously doing something different) and it will be neat to see everyone for the last time. I say the last time as my mom's employer was bought out and almost everyone is losing their job. Insert sad face.

Then, I happen to have off on Friday of next week and I am going wedding dress shopping with my mom, sister, and hopefully one of my bridesmaids. I am really excited to try on dresses again and potentially find 'the one'. I really really liked one that I tried on at this place the first time I went and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I am hoping my mom and sister like it just as much.

Next weekend is also my dad's side of the family camping and my birthday on Saturday. I am looking forward to going camping with my dad's family as we usually end up having a great time... that and Ayden really enjoys seeing his cousins and running around with them. I love that he is at an age where the second he sees them, he is off and running!

And so am I... to my photoshoot!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: