Friday, August 10, 2012

{more non-sensical-ness}

Life drones on around me and I feel like I have nothing uber exciting to blog about. I read these awesome blogs on a daily basis and although I feel like I can convey my thoughts into writing how I want them to be, I am not anywhere near the great writer that some of my fellow bloggers are and that bums me out a bit. I know it shouldn't, but it does. I don't want my blog to be a drone on how boring my life is right now and sometimes I feel like it is. However, as much as I say that, I am not really writing for others, I write for myself and when I don't have anything going on in my life, I just don't feel like writing.

The days continue to come and go. It is pretty routine around here right now. Get up, go to clinic, come home, relax and unwind, go to bed, do it all over again. The weekends have been and continue to be busy. I like that we are busy on the weekends, but don't like that they fly by with lightening speed either!

This week I got out on a 2.6 mile walk with my bestie, Victoria. I know that I have mentioned us getting together on my blog before, so she is not new to you; however, I don't know that I've ever really given you the back story on us. (Sidenote, I've noticed that I love and overuse the word 'however'... I just like it, lol!)

So, Victoria and I have been pretty close friends since about the 7th or 8th grade... yeah, I know, it has been such a long time that I can't really even remember it. I couldn't honestly tell you how we became such good friends, nor am I sure that she could tell you either. I do know that we lived just a few blocks apart from each other for quite some time and often would walk to school together. I remember walking the long way to high school just so we could walk together. And we are still walking with each other to this day!

Victoria and I have a different kind of freindship that runs deeps. We were never the type of friends to pick up the phone and call each other, instead we wrote letters to each other. Yes, we saw each other every day, yet we still wrote each other letters almost on a daily basis too. I don't think I still have those letters, but I know at one point I had a huge binder full of them! We both love to write and it was how we communicated. Unlike with some of my other friendships, we never really had spats or arguements. We just meshed together well. And we both helped each other through some rough times.

I knew that moving to Stevens Point and farther away from Victoria meant that we wouldn't keep in touch as often and would see each other even less, but that didn't mean our friendship would mean anything different. We could go months without writing to each other, yet it would seem like not even a day had gone by when we would get together and talk for hours. I cannot tell you how great it is to be living in the same city with one of my best friends again. We have probably seen each other more in the last few months than we have in the last few years. We have always been close, but I feel that we are getting closer again and I LOVE IT! Having someone just a few minutes away that I can call up and go on a walk with on the spur of a moment... it feels good. Yes, I had friends in Stevens Point and I grew very close with a few of them, but most of them ended up moving away during the last few years... :( And honestly, friends come and go and there is nothing like talking to someone who knows you inside and out!

Even better, she has a young son who Ayden gets along with great so mommy dates can be play dates as well! It kind of just feels very refreshing.

And I've discovered another great thing about living back in Chilton (and yes for my sister if she happens to be reading this, I once again put great and living in Chilton in the same sentence again)... Jay's grandma stopped by the other night with a hot pot of bean soup for us for supper. Just out of the blue, she made a pot of bean soup for us and brought it over. Well, kind of out of the blue as she found out that Jay didn't get any bean soup while we were camping and wanted to make him some. But honestly, who does that?! I know, Grandma Hoerth! What a blessed heart she has!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: