Tuesday, August 21, 2012

{really THE one}

A number of weeks ago I stopped at a small bridal boutique with a friend of mine and our little guys. At that time, I tried on just a few wedding dresses, it being the first time that I was at a place that had more than just a select few dresses and a number of them in my price range… If you read my blog, you may remember me mentioning that I thought I had found my wedding dress, but I couldn’t buy it then because I hadn’t gone shopping with my mom and sister yet.

I planned a day to go back to the shop with my mom and sister this past week, so I could show them the dress and possibly try on a few more. My sister’s boyfriend happened to be in town as well and he offered to watch Ayden while we went shopping. SO nice of him!

When we got to the boutique, we started to peruse the racks of gowns and I started to pull more and more. I ended up pulling one that was completely not the look that I had in mind and didn’t think I was going to end up liking it, but it was really pretty on the hanger. I also had the consultant put ‘my dress’ into the dressing room without showing my mom and sister first. I think I had another five dresses to try on that day.

I also pulled a number of bridesmaid dresses for my sister to try on as well… there was quite a few! (Thankfully, one of my other bridesmaids showed up and she tried some dresses on as well, so my sister didn’t have to try them all on.)

As I started to try on the wedding dresses, I kept ‘my dress’ until the second last one. I tried on a poufy dress and although it was very pretty, it just wasn’t me. Oh well. I still liked ‘my dress’ well enough, but at that point I was starting to second guess my thoughts about it. I mean, it was still a very pretty dress, but I just wasn’t as sure about it. I kept the dress that was really pretty, but didn’t think would be my taste, for the last one. For some reason, I had a really good feeling about it.

I put the dress on and while I was in the dressing room with the consultant clamping the back so it would stay up, haha, I saw myself in the mirror and I think I knew then that it was THE dress. I went to show my mom and sister and although I feel like neither of them would have told me that they didn’t really care for a dress that I was trying on… prefer one over the other, sure, but not totally dislike. It still felt really weird trying on wedding dresses and feeling like that at some point I am actually going to be the one getting married instead of everyone around me.

In the end, I ended up getting the last dress I tried on with a super cute headband (that I probably could have found cheaper someplace else, but I liked it too much). Because I bought and paid for the dress that day, I was able to take a picture of myself in the dress. (Okay, so my lovely sister did that for me.) And to be honest, I cannot stop looking at it! Like, wish my wedding was tomorrow cannot stop looking at it. I know that I said I liked, maybe even loved, the first dress that I thought was THE one, but this is different. The whole feeling I got while in the dress was different. If you’ve gotten married and/or went wedding dress shopping and found your dress, you know what I am talking about. I would so post a picture of the dress; however, I cannot 100% guarantee that somehow Jay will not come across my blog and as much as I don’t care about him seeing the dress before the wedding, I don’t think he really wants to, so with that… I will not be posting a picture of the dress.

If you happen to know me in real life and have my phone number and would like to see the dress, feel free to send me a text and I will send you the picture.

As I mentioned before, my sister and friend, Kristi, tried on bridesmaid dresses and I found the one I want for the bridesmaids too. Originally I thought I wouldn't mind if the bridesmaids had different dresses and its not that I have anything against that because I've seen multiple weddings where that has been the case recently, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted everyone matching. I don't know, maybe I will become a bridezilla eventually... okay, probably not, but I can get pretty picky about certain things, hehe! I also found the dress I want my youngest sister, Alexis to wear as well! So excited!

Literally canNOT stop thinking about it now!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh "the one" I remember that feeling. I remember the look on my moms face and knowing in that exact moment it was mine. Can't wait!