Monday, October 1, 2012

{my own 30 day challenge: PART 2}

Day 16: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1. On the advice of a friend who is mega into fitness, I did not run today, even though, EEK, I kind of wanted too! But I know that I shouldn't be running three or four days in a row and instead I did some strength training. Really worked the arms tonight and it felt good!

Day 17: C25K W3D2! Ran for the first time last night with my new shoes and it felt great! They are so comfy! It was cold out last night... ran with a sweat shirt on and got drizzled on by the rain for most of the part. Was even sort of dying by the end! Hoping that Day 3 doesn't kill me! Also, not so sure I am ready for this kind of cold weather, ugh! Might need to invest in some sort of cold weather running clothes! Bring it on Day 3 though, I am ready for you!

Day 18: Rest day. ‘Nuf said.

Day 19: C25K W3D3! The last three minute run was a stretch for me today, but I rocked it without walking! Next run, might be a little harder, totally expecting it!

Day 20: C25K W4D1. Um, someone please tell me that running for five minutes straight really isn’t that hard… please! Made it through… barely!

Day 21: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1. Weather was cold and icky, no running for me! Wasn’t even going to workout at all, but then made myself get up and off my butt and felt so much better after a little weight lifting. Pump that iron! Pump it!

Day 22: ‘Nother rest day.

Day 23: C25K W4D2. Much better run today than the first day of this week… MUCH better! So much better that I decided to run for an entire mile without stopping. AN ENTIRE FREAKING MILE! And that was at the end of the interval running. Rocked it baby!

Day 24: Walk 2.6 miles. Figured I probably shouldn’t run two days in a row and wasn’t up for any inside exercise, so got a hold of a friend of mine who needed to get out of the house and we went for a walk around town. Felt good.

Day 25: C25K W4D3. Took it slow today. First time hitting the sidewalk pavement in a couple of weeks and the legs felt a little stiff at the beginning of the run. Didn’t think I was going to make it through the last five minute run of today’s intervals, but not only did I make it through that, but I continued to run for another five minutes. I know, I might be pushing myself a little bit too hard, but running for 10 minutes at a time after already running 11 min during intervals is pretty exhilarating… Feeling fine!

Day 26: 2.5 FREAKING MILES! People… I ran 2.5 miles WITHOUT STOPPING… just because I wanted to see how far I could go. 2.5 MILES! Um.. AMAZEBALLS!

Day 27: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1 D.O.N.E.!

Day 28: Ran another 2.5 miles. Went for 3, didn’t get that far, but my friend started the C25K program too so I am excited to run with someone!

Day 29: Tried running for 30 minutes straight… didn’t quite make it, but ran none the less!

Day 30: 60 minutes of Zumba with my bestie, Victoria!

And that my friends… is MY own 30 day challenge completed! Hellz yeah!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: