Monday, October 15, 2012

{i think i blinked}


*Another one of those...started Friday posts, and finished Monday*

Friday's rendition...

It is almost halfway through October. Just WHEN did that happen?! These last two weeks have just flown by and I am extremely happy for that. Slow weeks just drag me down. I like when the weeks go fast, just not when I have no time to myself during the week. Although, that aside, the last two weeks of clinic/work (don't really know what to call it) have been pretty good. Busy busy, but still good. I mean, some days/patients are worse than others, but I've made it through.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I 'won' a free two week trial to Anytime Fitness. They just happen to have one in Chilton. This was perfect timing. I insert 'won' because honestly, I think they gave anyone to signed up to win an entire year membership the free one. Anyways, it was good timing because I had wanted to look into the gym and see what it was all about, what the prices were and so forth. I went in and talked with the manager person and got my key for my two week trial.

I went in the first night and ran on the treadmill for the first time. Definitely different than running outside, that is for sure. I didn't like it at first and could feel it a lot more in my knees. That first night I just ran my C25K schedule, which was run 10 minutes, walk 3, run 10 more and then be done. I eased that out with almost no problem in about a half hour (with the 5 minute warm up and cool down walk), did about 10 minutes of weight lifting, and finished up the night with a 15 minute/5 mile ride on the spin bike. Felt pretty good.

I went back a second night to try the treadmill again. That nights run was supposed to be warm up for 5 minutes, then run for 25 minutes. I warmed up for my 5 minutes and ran the 25 minutes, and then... I KEPT GOING! I ran for 40 SOLID MINUTES! 40 FREAKING MINUTES! I ran for 3.25 miles! That is above and beyond a 5K. Okay,so not THAT far above and beyond, but I was able to run for a full 5K! That means I might just be able to do it for my actual 5K run coming up in two weeks. Getting excited! Of course, this was just on a treadmill, but I kept the incline at 1.5 so semi mimic the outdoors like I had been reading online!

Going to attempt a 5K tonight outside and not on the treadmill... wish me luck!

Other than that, I've been hitting up Zumba with my bestie and another friend on Sundays. We are coming up on the third week of it! I am SO proud of Victoria for starting and continuing the C25K program and going to Zumba. She is WAY busier than me with working full time, being a single parent, and doing more classes than me on top of it and is STILL fitting in time to work out. It just goes to show that if you want it BAD enough, you WILL make time for it. I've just found that some people are all talk and no action. But to each their own I suppose. I wanted it, I wasn't going to let anything get in my way. Case in point, I felt like I didn't see Ayden at all on Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday), but he had daddy time. Monday was a case of a wedding planning meeting, Tuesday was the meeting at the gym, and then Wednesday Jay took him out into the woods with him.

Oh, and a shout to Victoria if you are reading this, keep up the amazing work and hope you feel better SUPER SOON!

This weekend is full of fun. Tomorrow morning is bowling for little man, then I am photographing my cousin's cousin's wedding. Does that make sense? Haha! I am excited because weddings are always so full of love; however, the weather looks like it might not exactly cooperate with us as I would like it to. Insert crossed fingers here! Then on Sunday it is a meeting of the minds for wedding planning and deciding if we can have the wedding at the place we want, well the reception anyways.

And onto Monday's ramblings...

The weekend just FLEW by! I felt like I had absolutely NO down time and I need another couple of days just to recoup. It is Monday morning (short break between patients) and I am ALREADY counting down the hours until it is the weekend. This weekend... ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS! Well, other than bowling for Ayden. I canNOT wait! Believe you me, there will be plenty of time sitting in front of the TV doing nothing!

I got to sleep in until about 8am both days this weekend, which is 2 hours and 10 minutes longer than I am usually able to sleep in, so that was nice, but the days were so full that I was still dragging by the end. Ayden had bowling on Saturday morning. He is consistently improving from week to week and his instructor says he is doing great! After bowling I had about 15 minutes before I headed out to photograph a wedding with my cousin. You know, the one I mentioned above. We had a great time together, the wedding was beautiful, and it even stopped raining for a little while so we could take some pictures outside!

I was able to get a 3.5 mile run in both Friday and Saturday night and felt awesome. Friday night's run was outside and it pushed me, but I kept going. Saturday night's run was inside on a treadmill and I was ready to give up at about 2 miles. I kept telling myself that 2 miles was a decent length to run, but then I just told myself, a few more minutes, just a few more and then I couldn't stop until I reached 5K status and at that point, I just kept going until I hit 3.5. My goal tonight is to go for four miles. We will see if I can do that. Won't hold my breath just yet, but am going to try. 

No workout yesterday. I slept in. We checked out the barn for the reception. More on that in a different post I suppose. Then I got together with my besties from college... Leah, Kristi, and Robin! It has been almost a year since we have all been able to get together at the same time so it was definitely a catch up! We had so much fun catching up, well at least I did. I am SO thankful for all of my friends. These three definitely hold a special place in my heart as they helped keep me sane as I worked my way through my undergraduate classes. Without them I'd probably be tucked away in a looney bin right now!

But with all of the weekend festivities, I felt like I had absolutely no time to myself to sit and relax. It was go go go... 

Not this coming weekend though, like I mentioned before, NO plans.

Jay and I are considering joining a couples bowling league. Surprisingly, it was his idea! I'll take anything that he wants to do as a couple, just so long as he knows that I suck at bowling, haha! Maybe I will get better the more we play. We've never done any couples stuff together, so don't let him know, but I am kind of excited. But according to him, not excited enough to be home on time yesterday to go check into it. Lol! Okay, so it really wasn't a laugh out loud kind of argument between us, but I won't rehash the details of this one. Suffice to say, things are better now. 

And with that, I ate left over Olive Garden for lunch today, feel like a brick of ick is in my stomach, and wish I would have had a salad or sandwich instead. Oops, but couldn't not eat left over Olive Garden, haha! Like I said... 4 mile run tonight!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: