Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{october challenge}


*Started a few days ago*

As with September, I am doing my own personal challenge in October with staying fit. I have made a calendar that I get to put a sticker on for every day that I complete my workouts. It is my goal to workout every day in October (well except the first and the second since I hadn't created the calendar just yet, although I did work out on the first).

For this month, my goal is to continue working on the C25K program as I am running in a 5K at the end of October and to do the Jillian Michaels Extreme Shred and Shed workout. I will not be running everyday, but I hope to stay motivated to workout with Jillian every day. The workout is only 35 minutes long (which includes the 5 minute warm-up) and I enjoy it. There are two levels and I am going to switch to Level 2 about halfway through the month.

The scale has remained steady between 118-120 lbs for the last month or so and I am finally starting to be okay with that. As I've mentioned so many times previously, I really believe my body is happier here than it is down at 115.

So, I am two days into Jillian and I am definitely feeling it. I mean, starting out a 30 minute workout with lateral burpees, seriously! That'll kill ya every time! It is my least favorite part of the workout, so I am glad to get it done right at the beginning!

Food wise, I still have my days. I am trying to eat in moderation for most of the time and although my meals may not be the healthiest all of the time, I am definitely trying not to overeat. Case in point... we went grocery shopping last night and got ice cream and I didn't have any! Yippie! I probably totally would have had some though if I hadn't had a piece of apple pie earlier in the night, lol! Sort of cancelled each other out.
It definitely helps that Victoria and I are helping to keep each other motivated! Going running with her again tonight!

Definitely ready for the weekend. Hoping to keep it kind of low key, although I think tomorrow will be kind of busy. We are helping my sister move and then there is Ayden's bowling, but I think the majority of the afternoon should be okay. And then on Sunday, as I mentioned in a previous post, I was thinking about taking the kids on a hike, although I think the weather is going to be kind of cold and I don't know if I'm ready to venture outside when it is cold, haha! We'll see...

*Finished today*

It has been a few days since I started this post and already I've failed my mission to work out every day in October. First off, I had THREE workouts scheduled for Sunday... C25K, Zumba, and Jillian. I did both C25K and Zumba (plus a hike through the woods with the kiddos)... no Jillian. I didn't feel bad about it because an hour of zumba took the place. But still.

Then came Monday and I was dragging patootie almost all day and just couldn't get myself to work out after I got home. I went straight to the couch and felt like a zombie until I had to get up to go to a meeting and then got home and crawled right into bed.

To top it off, my weekend eating wasn't the greatest. Wasn't horrible, but definitely wasn't great. Then I really sabotaged myself yesterday. We had pizza hut for lunch at work and I had THREE pieces of it, then some banana bread, then a processed chicken patty on a bun with chips for supper and THEN a big bowl of ice cream for dessert. Sabotage to my poor body and then my body paid me back by increasing the number on the scale this morning. A number I only want to maybe see at night time after a day full of eating, not in the MORNING!

Such is life.

I did it to myself and only I can fix it. I needed the day off so I didn't get burnt out. Working out six days a week is a lot for someone, seven is almost pushing me too far.

Tonight's agenda, C25K Week 6 Day 2 (maybe on a treadmill as I am going to check out a gym in town) and then maybe some weight lifting while I am at the gym, or some Jillian when I get home. We shall see.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: