Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chores chores chores...

The housework is never complete! And I wish I could be young again and not have to worry about it either! I hate housework! Okay, so maybe not as much I that statement might make it seem like I hate it. I should say that I hate it when a certain person neglects to do any housework unless I shove it down his throat! Argh! I know I've complained about it before, and I'll complain about it in the future, but it just frustrates me when Jay doesn't do anything more than... well nothing!

His two jobs of the house are to do the dishes and clean the cat litter. One of which, the dishes, he does precisely about once a week... when the counter is over flowing with dirty dishes and there isn't any clean silverware left, the other of which he does... whenever I harp on him enough to do it. That's right, he cleans the litter box... when I tell him night after night to get the damn thing done! And my friends, that amounts to probably once a week as well! It would smell a LOT less like cat piss in our basement if he'd clean it every OTHER flippin' day! I'm just a little frustrated about it. I really don't want a basement that smells like cat pee, really I don't! You can't smell it if I keep the dehumidifier running constantly and Jay has just cleaned the litter box, but after a few days, yes it does! And it bugs me! I know it doesn't help that our basement smells musty to begin with, hence the fact of the dehumidifier, but ugh!

It's not only that, but Jay gets things out... AND DOESN'T PUT THEM AWAY! Literally, his drill, a tape measure, and some screw drivers have been sitting on the kitchen table for the PAST MONTH! And if it weren't for me, a huge piece cardboard would still be laying on our living room floor! How can he just look past all of the stuff and NOT PUT IT AWAY! I think the getting things out and not putting them away is what bugs me the most. Seriously, how hard is it to put things back where you got them from?! Really?!

What gets me now is that I realize that he's turning in Jim... my mom's husband. If you know Jim, you know that is a dig on both him and Jay. Bummer yes, but it's true. Okay, so Jay has a job and has had one for the last how many years (can't say the say for Jim), but Jay starts something... and then DOESN'T FINISH IT... unless it benefits him in some super important way immediately upon completion. Take our landscaping for example... we redid the rock along the sidewalk in the front of the duplex and started something in the back. Well, the something in the back isn't done yet... and it was... get this... STARTED BACK IN JUNE!!! And, we still have a rock (albeit small) pile in our driveway! And, for some reason unbeknownst to me, somehow our garage has become a mess of a workshop because I haven't been able to park my car in it ALL SUMMER, and yet Jay is NEVER out there! Don't even get me started on the mess he calls our office!

It's just uber frustrating me right now. It's not that I expect Jay to come home from a long day of physical work to launch right into another four hour cleaning marathon at home... no... I just wish he'd help out a LITTLE more than he does or take A LITTLE more initiative than he does. It's not like he is working a back breaking 12 hour day either. He is home by 4:30ish every day! I do a lot, and most of it I don't mind, but every now and then... just help out a little bit! Even if all you do is clean the tub after you shower instead of leaving hair clogging the drain and a ring of sand around the bottom. Yes friends, he does leave that! It drives me nuts! Or... put your sodas in the recycling instead of leaving them pile up next to your computer. Sweep the kitchen when you see crumbs piling on top of each other. I'm not asking for him to dust every picture frame or wash the windows for crying out loud, just the 'normal' stuff!

I'm just venting, that's what it is, because well, even though my honeykins needs his brains knocked on to help around the house a little more, he is the bread winner right now and for that I am grateful!

I whipped my own butt into gear today and did some housework that needed to be done... like picking up the basement and starting to put the garage back into order, cleaning the kitchen (that didn't involve any dishes, I hate doing dishes), putting away clothes, and semi cleaning the office area (which meant recycling a lot of things Jay long forgot about, hehe)... it needed to get done and I'd been putting it off. I don't like housework, but at least I know what needs to get done and I do it.

Tonight's agenda... finish up Ayden's birthday thank you cards. I had him write in them today... I'll add a little bit and then get them in the mail.

Yesterday I got some super deals at Staples. They had reams of computer paper for 50 cents (after mail in rebate) and packs of 100 pages of Kodak 4x6 picture paper for $1 after mail in rebate. Normal price of paper reams... $5, normal price for picture paper... $13! I saved almost $30 yesterday (seeing I could only get two reams of paper and two packs of picture paper)... well when I get the rebates back, but still! What killed me what the printer inks I needed to buy, ICK! But we 'needed' it so I 'had' to get it, right?! Lol!

We aren't sleeping over anywhere this weekend. The annual corn roast is this weekend at one of Jay's uncle's houses. It is about a two hour drive from where we live. Not that I don't want to see his family, but I don't really think I want to go. I'd rather just sit at home than drive four hours in one day, especially since I am not all for corn cooked on the grill. It really just doesn't appeal to me that much.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: