Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Project Time

Before I show you the projects that I’ve been up to lately, I need to show you these bitchin’ boots I got at Kohls today! Okay, so I know I didn’t need them, but I had a 30% off coupon and needed to pick up some pants for Ayden for school this fall and they were on sale. I think they totally rock! What do you think?! I don’t know what I would wear them with besides my skinny jeans as I’m not really the skirt type person, but who knows… I just think they are totally uber cute! There was this dress in the Kohls catalog that I wanted to get as well for an upcoming wedding, but our Kohls store didn’t have it so I passed.IMG_9529 copyI’ve been pretty busy lately doing some projects. My friend recently had identical twin girls and as a baby gift I made wooden letter names for their bedroom wall. Here are some sneak peaks at them. They were really easy and semi cheap to make. They would have been cheaper had there been only one baby and had I gone to Hobby Lobby and gotten the letters and not Michaels. But, we don’t have a Hobby Lobby in town and it probably would have cost the same using gas to go to Hobby Lobby and get the letters cheaper there. In any case, it was totally worth it and TON cheaper than some of the places online you can buy wooden names.IMG_9516 IMG_9517 IMG_9520They turned out pretty good for my first go at it and once you get them up on the wall they will look even better! They have the holes in the bottom because you can put them on a dowel to stand up, but I think they’ll look cute on the wall. Its just a matter of deciding how to do it. Velcro or nails… I’ll let the parents decide!IMG_9521 IMG_9522

And today I made Ayden a personalized shirt and his annual birthday party shirt. I’ve made the shirt that he’s worn at his birthday party the last two years so this will be the third year that I’ve made it. I’ve seen personalized shirts for sale online for uber bucks and instead of buying one, I made my own. It cost me nothing since I had everything already at home.

I wouldn’t have had the shirts, but the other day while at Walmart I picked up a pack of white t-shirts. They were 10 shirts for $7 and I thought they were the men's size. I bought the pack because I’m in desperate need of some new bed time shirts. I just wear a t-shirt to bed and the shirts I’ve been wearing are like YEARS old, but I just can’t justify paying $5 or more for one shirt that I will wear to bed. So I thought, heck yeah, 10 shirts for less than a $1 a piece, these will work perfect for pajamas for me. Needless to say, I didn’t look close enough and they were boy sizes, not men. So Ayden ended up with 10 new shirts. I probably could have taken them back, maybe, but I mutilated the package when I opened it before realizing they were too small, and they were cheap enough.

So, anyways, I had plain white shirts at home, photoshop to create the design in, a printer with ink, and a few left over iron on transfers from last years shirt, and an iron that I use way too little, lol!

And off I went! What do you think?! I think they turned out pretty well! I can’t say they will look this good after I wash them after he wears them the first time, but that is okay. Like I said, I didn’t pay anything for them so I don’t really care.IMG_9534 IMG_9535IMG_9537IMG_9539The weather has been uber hot this week so we haven’t done anything outside. I can’t wait for it to cool down a little bit so we can spend some time outside, that, and not get eaten alive by mosquitoes!

I found out yesterday that I ended up with the supervisor I didn’t really want this semester, but there is nothing that I can do about it and I am not so much nervous about having him as I am about getting an ‘A’ from him because he hardly gives out ‘A’s. That… and we have him for three other classes! One of which I found out was changed from 8-8:50 am on Mondays and Wednesdays to 5:00-6:40pm on Monday nights. At first I was totally upset by this change because who wants class at 5pm at night, but after a little while I realized it was probably for the best. I have no qualms with said professor changing the time because it is due to medical reasons, and no one can help that, and after figuring things out, it will cost us less in child care costs since I’ll be able to stay home later in the morning and get Ayden on the bus… which means… sleeping in!

That and I have morning clinic on Tuesdays, which means I have nothing going on Thursday or Fridays! Well, except for rotating clinic and hearing aid duty, but I can deal with that!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: