Sunday, February 26, 2012

{wedding}

I spent the majority of yesterday at a wedding being the second photographer and I had a great time. I was asked a while back by our family family photographer and friend if I would be interested in helping her photograph a wedding and I really couldn’t say no. (I don’t know if you read by blog Jacki, but if you do… HI!) I thought it would be a fun time and I couldn’t say no to a little extra money. The only sucky part about the whole thing was sitting there knowing that I have to wait another 573 days for Jacki to photograph my wedding! She does some pretty AMAZEBALLS work and it makes me so excited to know that she will be capturing mine and Jay’s wedding when the time rolls around. She had mentioned to me why we were there that when she had been the second shooter for weddings with another photographer that she looked at that woman as a sort of mentor… I have to say… I definitely aspire to Jacki’s talents and I look forward to the next weddings we shoot together because I am sure to continue learning and learning!

Now I just need to start planning things for my wedding. With how fast everything else in life is going, the wedding is sure to pop up before I know it! It is probably a good thing that we are pretty busy with life right now and will be for the next six or so months because then I won’t sit and dwell on how long it is to the wedding. I mean, it will be March by the end of this week… where did February go?!

In other news, Ayden had his pinewood derby car race this weekend for Cub Scouts and he placed… THIRD!!! Okay, so it is not first or second, but third is still pretty awesome! He got a little trophy, medal, and even a plaque to put a picture of him and his car in. I was kind of bummed to have missed it, but I also think that it was special that him and Jay got to experience that event as just a father and son thing. Besides, there are district wide races this weekend that he can participate in and we might go to that so I can see him race. I think he is kind of excited about that because he did so well this past weekend.

Because my weekend has been kind of short, I am SO not ready to head back to school and clinic this week. Insert sad face here!

Before I have to think about going back to my one class tomorrow (I know, life is rough, isn’t it), I’m going to sit back and enjoy some TV and relaxation time!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: