Wednesday, February 29, 2012

{nostalgia}

*This post was started Monday night… and finished Wednesday morning*

Monday: Wikipedia (oh beloved Wikipedia, haha, or not) defines nostalgia as a yearning for the past, often in an idealized form… I’ve walked around all day with a sense of nostalgia. Is that the correct use of that word?! Maybe, maybe not, lol! If, indeed, it does mean an yearning for the past, then that’s what I’ve been feeling. It all stems from a dream I had last night. Stupid dreams. What I’m really yearning for is something that never was so in all reality it doesn’t even make sense. But it is what it is, it’s ridiculous. I’m sure all will be forgotten by tomorrow.

I started Week 3 of my Ripped in 30 program with Jillian Michaels tonight and for the life of me I cannot remember why I ever thought Week 3 was my favorite. It killed tonight and my arms are STILL burning (in both a good and bad way)! I’m proud of myself for doing so well with working out. I did ‘miss’ two days last week which isn’t the end of the world, but I am disappointed in that. I did not work out on Thursday night because I had a long day at clinic and I just couldn’t get motivated. Then when I had the chance to work out on Saturday morning before heading out for the wedding I attended, I slept in instead. Actually, I didn’t even sleep in that long and I did have the time to work out yet that morning, I just didn’t. I tried to rationalize it with the fact that I was going to be on my feet all day long and not really eating all that much so it would be okay and I suppose that it was, but I am hard on myself like that. I’m going to try and work out every day during Week 3 without taking any days off. We’ll see if I can pull it off! I am a little disappointed with the weight loss though.

I have read through other forums that with these kind of programs it is more important to keep track of the inches that you are losing instead of the weight because you are gaining a lot more muscle which weighs more. I know that I am toning up for sure, but I wish the scale would reflect that a little more. I think I have been eating somewhat okay. I haven’t had any soda since starting and I’m trying to drink more water than I had been. I started out at 119.4 lbs and this morning I weighed 117.6… not quite two pounds lost. (Super bummed that I weighed in at 118.8 Wednesday morning though. But I know it partially has to do with the fact that your weight fluctuates every day and that I didn’t workout last night, although I didn’t think I really over ate at supper time either.) I know that with the weight that I am at I wouldn’t go from 119 to 115 in two weeks (without seriously watching my calories and probably under eating), but the irrational part of my brain wishes I had. If I reach 116.9 by the end of the 30 days I will consider that an accomplishment because I know that incorporating more cardio with Turbo Fire will get me to where I want to be. Slow and steady is how it goes! Besides, I’m going to have rocking arms by the end of the 30 days, haha!

Tuesday: I am so sick of being sick. While at clinic today my nose would NOT stop running! I am thinking it probably had something to do with the dry air in the building because at one point I gave myself a nose bleed. As if that isn't attractive! Luckily it wasn't during a patient's appointment, but rather in-between appointments. Still, I would rather not have had to deal with it in the first place.

I don't really know how much snow we are supposed to get tonight... the weather people continue to tell us many different things. We all know that I would be happy with NO snow; however, I just don't think that I am going to be that lucky. I don't think we are supposed to get very much though. My drive into clinic this morning was rather interesting. We must have gotten just a dusting of snow over night and usually that wouldn't make the roads too bad, but I guess with the temperature being what it was, it made for some very hazardous driving conditions this morning. The roads did not look bad, but they were covered in a thin layer of ice. Unfortunately for me, as I listening to the radio this morning they kept saying that there were accidents happening all over Hwy 39 and wouldn't you know... that was the exact highway that I was driving on and I was headed right into the accidents. Ugh! I have to say that given the circumstances and the fact that I hate driving in anything but pristine conditions I handled myself pretty well. I could feel my anxiety building, but I tried to stay calm and just slowed down quite a bit. There were two accidents that I ended up driving past... neither was too bad, but it did delay me getting to my destination in a timely matter. Okay, so I was only 10 minutes late and it wasn't really late, just on time. But I like to be running early.

Wednesday: My goal of working out every day for Week 3 is gone. Haha! It lasted for one whole day. I got home from clinic last night and was just drained. My whole body ached and I was in bed super early. We didn’t end up getting too much snow which is good. Unfortunately though, Stevens Point is about the only school in all of central Wisconsin that is NOT closed! Wisconsin Rapids, which is south of us, and Wausau, which is north of us, are both closed for the day. I supposed it worked out for the best though because even if Ayden wouldn’t have had school, I would have had class. It is just easier to drop him off at school than to worry about getting him to the Y for the snow days program. Either that or bringing him to class with me.

My sense of nostalgia is gone. Yeah! It really wasn’t one of those things I wanted to be feeling about that particular chapter of my life.

Off to finish getting ready for the day! I’m thinking about redesigning the blog (yet again) sometime soon… maybe tonight!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: