Sunday, February 5, 2012

{won’t be doing that again}

One would think that because I use my camera A LOT that I would be a little smarter than I was on Saturday when it comes to wanting to use said camera. We took a little trip to a place in Waupaca on Saturday for the sole purpose of me to take some photographs. No, I did not have a photo shoot, this was purely for myself. I had heard about this place and looked it up online and it looked pretty neat and I want to take some nature pictures there. As a family, we head out of the house and venture to Waupaca (which is about a half hour away). The weather was phenomenal for this time of the year and I couldn’t wait to capture some pictures!

Enter in my stupidity! We get to our destination and I turn on my camera and wouldn’t you know… it displays… NO CARD! *$%(#$*$#%(#$ almost came out of my mouth and would have if I used such words on a regular basis (I try hard not to swear). I couldn’t believe that I had forgotten my SD card in my computer! Because I am using my camera a lot more frequently these days I am uploading my pictures to my computer a lot more and I have a bad tendency of putting my card back in my camera right away. I was SUPER sad that I didn’t have a card to take pictures with (my camera has no internal storage). But I wasn’t going to let the trip be a waste and I got out my phone and started taking pictures with that. 8 megapixels should give me some decent pictures and it did.

Just as I was getting ready to tell Jay and Ayden that I had had enough and wanted to leave I checked one of the pockets of my camera bag (the only one I didn’t check the first time around because I had forgotten about it) and wouldn’t you know that my other SD card was in there. OMG, I was SO happy and I started snapping picture after picture after picture. That turned my WHOLE day around and we stayed for probably another hour walking around. Ayden had a good time playing in the snow and water and Jay was okay with it.

I couldn’t believe that I was so dumb not to check my camera before leaving the house. I should say that I am VERY careful about checking my camera before photo shoots of people. I check my camera the night before and charge my battery and make sure I have both SD cards. Safeguards to make sure my clients get the best experience they can from me.

Here are just a few pictures from both my phone and camera of our adventure!

Well, before I show you those pictures, I have to share a picture of me and my new hat (courtesy of my cousin)! My cousin made me this amazingly cute crocheted hat and I am in LOVE with it! It fits perfect and matches my coat!20120130_142406The place that we visited was called the Red Mill in Waupaca, WI. 20120204_142455Me pouting because at this point I thought I wasn’t going to be able to use my camera and had to ‘settle’ for my phone to take pictures. I wasn’t happy, haha!20120204_142828But, we made do with the camera on the phone and I got some pretty good pictures with it. Me and little man enjoying being outside in the beautiful weather!20120204_142858And needed a picture with my main squeeze too! Apparently I have a bad time looking where I need to when taking a self picture with my phone, lol! Oops! It looks okay though! 20120204_14295220120204_143132This one is better! Thanks to little man who took it for me and for my honey agreeing to be in the picture because according to him I had said that we weren’t going to take pictures that he needed to be in. 20120204_143335IMG_4949IMG_4969IMG_4986IMG_4993IMG_5004And then when we got home you could see the moon really good and I was able to get a cool picture of it!IMG_5036And then today I made another project with the sewing machine and it turned out pretty awesome. It definitely isn’t perfect, but it is darn cute! it is a Kindle cover/case!IMG_5041IMG_5045Tomorrow it is back to school and once again I have been highly unproductive when it comes to doing anything school related over the weekend. Oopsies! Maybe next weekend, ha! Off to watch the Super Bowl halftime show now!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

love that you love the hat!! it looks great. :)
i love the red mill. we used to go there a lot when we were camping. it's a beautiful area.
love the kindle cover!! i couldn't have done it by myself. my friend helped me a lot with mine.
i guess...i love the post. :)