Sunday, April 1, 2012

{body by vi}

It is April 1st and I have to say that I didn’t blog nearly as much in February or March as I would have liked to. Once again, the rush of the semester has caught up to me and each day that flies by is one more day that I do not get back. Being in the thick of a semester, attempting to study for the Praxis (but not really getting anywhere on that), working on that dreaded capstone project of mine, Jay started a new job and us finding a new place to live, each day ends before I realize it has even begun and that doesn’t leave much time for blogging. Sad face, because I really do enjoy blogging!

My first solo week with Ayden went really well. We didn’t really ‘miss’ Jay here at home, as Ayden and I slip into a pretty good routine when he is away even for the weekend. Ayden helps quite a bit around the house, the house in general seems to stay neater because I have to do all of the work, so I keep up on it much better, and both Ayden and I managed to not get at each others throats too much. All of that aside, we did miss having daddy at home with us overall, especially his cooking, hehe! Jay did come home from Friday night through suppertime on Saturday, but had to leave then because he had to work this morning. I didn’t realize how much I missed him until I woke up this morning. I think this week is going to be a little bit harder than last week, especially since I do not have class this week because it is Madison spring break. I will still work and might work longer than usual just to keep myself busy and I will have clinic like usual on Tuesday and Thursday.

We are hopefully going to be seeing our house again this week. I love calling it our house (even though we are just renting it). I am excited to see the progress that the owners have made on it. I think I am going to take some pictures this time, just to be able to show our families and such. I think they all know where the house is and probably have driven past it by now, but it will be fun to show them at least how things are progressing on the inside.

Speaking of moving, we are in full on packing mode at our current place. Okay, not full on packing because Ayden and I still have two months to live here, but we have at least started the process. We have a ton of boxes courtesy of my dad and a lady that I work with who recently moved so I think we are good on that front. We have started to go through some stuff in our basement and separate out stuff that we want to keep and stuff that we want to sell at a rummage sale. We are going to be having one heck of a major rummage sale this summer, that is for sure! AND… we finally put away our Christmas decorations! We had them all just sitting in the basement ready to be boxed up, but I just never felt like it. Done… finally! It only took three months, hey, don’t judge, haha! Jay loaded up his truck with boxes that were packed and took them to store at his parents house for the next couple of weeks. Throughout this week I plan on boxing up some more stuff that we most likely won’t need until after we move, stuff that needs to be sold… Also, my mom is most likely coming up in a few weeks to help too. We think we have a date in mind of when we want to do the ‘big’ move with most of the furniture and stuff. We are hoping we have enough help/vehicles and good weather. I just hope that as the day gets closer I don’t get more stressed with everything. I am trying to keep positive about the whole situation!

So, finally getting to the title of this post… Body By Vi. I have a friend on Facebook who was trying this new weight loss system. It is a meal replacement system that involved drinking shakes. Pretty similar to Shakeology by Beach Body if you’ve ever heard of that. There are multiple levels of the program you can try. You all know that I’ve been struggling to lose these last five pounds for a while now and I thought I might give this a try. The hype was that these shakes taste like CAKE! My friend had been following the plan for about a week and had already lost a decent amount of weight. I caved and bought the cheapest ‘system’ which provides me with enough protein mix for one shake a day for 30 days. I was pretty skeptical that it would really taste like cake though. I have to say, the protein mix itself smells like a cake mix… taste like it… well I have yet to try it alone. They have a million gazillion recipes you can make with this mix. There is one called Triple Chocolate Smash that is delish! Then there is another one called Banana Nut Cake which is TO DIE FOR! I’ve tried a Birthday Cake recipe as well and that one was good, but not as good as the other too. I have a ton of recipes I cannot wait to try!

I’ve only had the product since Thursday and have only been drinking one shake a day, along with working out, so I cannot say that it is being super effective for me like it has been with my friend who introduced me to it. She has more weight to lose than I do and she got a large ‘system’ that I did. She is drinking two shakes a day and taking some other supplements as well. I did not buy the product to lose five pounds in a week. I do not think it will be the miracle cure all for me, but the shakes are good and it is one less meal a day that I have to cook, haha! Plus, if it helps, it helps! I am also continuing on with the Turbo Fire program and have successfully made it to Week 2 without giving up! When I would always retry starting the program I would have the hardest time getting past Day 4 (the longest workout in Week 1), but this week I pushed through and did it without stopping! So I consider that a big accomplishment! I have also been pretty conscientious about tracking my calories this week as well!

I have successfully taken (at least) one picture EVERY day since January 1st for my Project 365! I am stoked about that! I have been pretty good about remembering early enough in the day as well, but almost forgot on Friday when I had to crawl out of bed at 10pm because I had just remembered, haha! Won’t be doing that again anytime soon! I told Jay to go take one for me, but he wouldn’t and let me tell you, it was hard crawling out of a nice warm bed! But I liked the picture I ended up taking!

I’ve been pretty productive today so far… completed two assignments, washed, folded and put away laundry, and now I am going to go veg on the couch for a little while with some Lifetime Movie Network!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

i don't ever want to move. and now that my parents are moving...and i have stuff there yet...i really don't want to move. ;)

i'm not sure if you care or not, but the body by vi products, which i've tried a sample of and liked. do have MSGs in it. i just wanted to tell you. if it's not something you care about, then go on. ;) and if you ever want to try shakeology let me know. i've been loving it. and was tossing back and forth between the two until i found out about the MSGs. and i liked the chocolate better than their sample i got. hope it goes well for you!