Saturday, April 14, 2012

{boxes... boxes... boxes}

Our house is FULL to the bring with boxes. Empty boxes, full boxes, boxes everywhere! This week was the first major packing weekend. Yes, Jay and I have packed a few boxes and taken them to his parents house to store for the time being, but that was nothing compared to what my mom and I packed this weekend.

Like I mentioned in my last post, my mom came up for a day to help pack some boxes and we definitely got some hard work done. We probably packed a good 30-40 boxes full of stuff and there is still more that needs to get packed! Good thing we have some boxes left over! We were able to get all of the stuff stored in the master bedroom closet packed, the stuff in Ayden's closet packed, books packed, winter stuff packed, office stuff packed, stuffed animal packed, pictures off of the walls packed. It definitely looks like we are moving now. The walls are mostly empty and it feels weird. We packed her jeep full of boxes to take home and packed Jay's truck full already.

We also organized the garage better and there is much less in there that needs to be done... still a lot to do, definitely, but the big moving day shouldn't be as bad as it would be if we didn't have a month's headstart, that is for sure. Only 41 day until our last day in Stevens Point... well hopefully. I am hoping that we can leave that Friday and never look back, but a few things need to fall into place for that to happen, otherwise, we'll probably still be here that Saturday and Sunday cleaning. Keep your fingers crossed for us though because I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have that Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to start unpacking and settling into our new house. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that I will probably be living out of boxes and in a state of disarray for probably the next two months. Oh well though. One day at a time!

While my mom was here we also had a cub scout event that went well and then Ayden and I took my mom out to eat at a yummy pizza place in Point. Good pizza! Then we pigged out on chocolate easter bunnies when we got home, hehe! It was a good night.

Unfortunately, Ayden decided that he wanted to be up at 6:00am this morning, which meant we were all up pretty early. WAY too early for a Saturday, that is for sure, but we were able to start packing by 8:00am and I am sure that is why we were able to get so much done today. It actually felt really good to get as much done as we did because now I won't have to do so much myself. I mean, I can still pack things here and there by myself, but it won't be such a rush to get it done. But packing all day has definitely left me drained! I have yet to sit down and actually watch any TV. This is the first time I am sitting down and just putting my feet up because after working all day, I got in my workout for the day.

I used yesterday as my 'off' day, mostly because I just couldn't get myself motivated to do the Fire 55EZ workout that I knew was on schedule, but that just meant I had to do it tonight. I busted it out tonight and have finished Week 3 of Turbo Fire! So proud of myself for sticking with it so far. There are defnitely times when I don't really feel like working out, but I do anyways. Take tonight for examaple, it was almost an hour long workout and as I started it, I was dreading the whole thing. But I kept pushing through and kept going and I finished with a bang! I am determined to make it past at least Week 5 because that is where I stopped the last time I stuck to it for so long. Plus, I always feel so much better after working out. It is becoming less and less about weight and more and more about feeling healthy. Some days are definitely still easier than others when it comes to eating healthy and this week has been harder than usual with all of the easter candy in the house, but I think I am going to make Jay take a lot of that back with him so it isn't so hard for me. When I don't have anything to snack on, I don't snack on anything. Well, we do have some healthier options that I know I could choose.

We picked up the green paint for Ayden's bed today. I picked out the new fabric for our kitchen chairs yesterday (got a super deal on it). Jay is almost finished making my new welcome mat for the entrance to our new house. The weather has been nice, but storms are supposed to be coming in late tonight or tomorrow at some point. And... I am going to go crash!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: