Saturday, April 7, 2012

{tick tock, tick tock}

We were able to visit our new house again this past weekend and it only reassured me that we made the right decision in renting it. And, it only made me dream about it all weekend long and become obsessed with it yet AGAIN! Just walking through it again and picturing the finished product has me more excited than I was last time and more anxious to move in than before. Ugh, the next month is going to go so slow until we are able to see it again. Actually, it might just be another two weeks before because they said we could move some things into the basement whenever we wanted. We will probably ove some of the boxes from Jay's parents house to the basement the next time I have to come home. Well, it's probably three weeks from now. In any case, it's exciting!

We were also able to help the landlords pick out some paint colors for the kitchen, bathroom, and living/dining room. We are getting an accent wall, an accent wall! I cannot tell you how excited I am about that! It is going to look so cool! Even just a little bit of color is going to be awesome. We did find out that our TV stand and TV will fit where we want to put it and that Ayden's new room is going to be the same size as his current room so that is awesome and our new room is just a touch bigger (with bigger closests). I didn't bother measuring the toy room, but given the fact that we are getting rid of a bunch of stuff it shouldn't matter. Also, we now have an entire basement for storage too, besides the toy room. It will be great.

Jay is building Ayden a loft bed with a desk and a bunch of shelves under it and I am super excited to see the finished product. The loft part of it is essentially done already and for a fraction of the price that I thought it would cost because Jay's grandparents ended up having some wood that we could use. Awesome! I am planning on painting it a bright blue with a bright limey green accent color on the desk and ladder rungs. My 'theme' for Ayden's new room is bold and bright colors! I found him the perfect new comforter at Good Will this past Friday for a super good price. I am excited about it, that is all that matters, haha! Ayden and I are going to make some splatter painted canvases for his room too.

Our Easter weekend was okay. Well, my Easter weekend was okay. Jay worked Saturday morning and Ayden and I went to my mom's house and colored eggs with her, my sister, her boyfriend, and my brother and had some super good food. Ah, stupid diet out the window this weekend. Jay's mom made some super good food Friday and Saturday night and my mom fed us great on Saturday afternoon, not to mention all of the Easter candy and other Easter food. I tried to be semi good, but we will see what the scale says tomorrow morning. I got up early Friday morning and worked out then, took yesterday off, and worked out tonight when we got home. I think I might be slightly addicted to working out because it really bothered me yesterday that I didn't do anything and the whole drive home today all I could think about was getting my workout in. Plus, I think not working out yesterday really affected my mood today.

My mom and I went to go see The Hunger Games on Saturday night and I have to say for a movie based off of a book, it was really good. There were a few things that were different, but overall I really liked it. I was happy that my mom decided to join me. She is also going to be venturing up our way this weekend to help with a bit of packing. How sweet, right?! World's best mom? Quite possibly!

My weekend with Jay this weekend was actually pretty craptastic, but I wasn't expecting anything better. He honestly just annoyed me this whole weekend, or maybe I was just easily annoyed. I didn't even say goodbye to him when we left my Grandma's house today... he was playing cards and Ayden and I just left. I was just in an icky mood and wanted to get home and him and I just argued basically the whole weekend or didn't even see each other. Whatever. I was just over the entire weekend and wanted to come home today. I was sick of people in general and wanted to be at my house. Working out tonight only my made my mood slightly better. And that was only because I rocked a 45 minute workout. Sometimes you just need to be at your own home and in your own element and I needed that tonight.

I think Jay's mom is pretty excited that we are moving closer to home. I think she loves having both of her boys living at home right now. But, I really can't blame her, because as a parent you enjoy seeing your children... obviously. I only overheard her telling at least five different family members about us moving home. It was cute, hehe! I just wish Jay would have told her the exact reason why he started his new job when he did because she has that part wrong. It isn't a big deal though. What bugs me is that Jay feels he needs to do so much work for his parents now that he is staying there. I agree that it is nice that he does help them out and that he should in some respects, but he is comparing all of the work that he is doing to what his brother isn't doing and then shoving it in his brother's face. It's like, get over it. You are not responsible for your brother or what he does, let him live his life. It's not like your parents are shoving thing after thing down your throat of what they want you to do. You are CHOOSING to do all of the extra work. Are they appreciative, OF COURSE, but don't shove it in your brother's face. Part of me thinks once we move back to town Jay will never be at home because he will be too busy helping everyone else or doing other stuff. I like our lives apart from everyone else. I like having our own little element and what scares me the most is losing that. I may hate driving an hour and a half to see my family, but I am totally okay with only seeing them once every few weeks. I don't want to be seeing or doing stuff with my family or his family every weekend. I'm hoping it doesn't end up like that... we'll see... I shouldn't worry about the 'what ifs', it is pointless. I have better ways of preoccuping my mind, better things I should be doing.

Hoping tomorrow I am in a better mood...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: