Thursday, April 19, 2012

{i did it}

Remember in my last post when I said I was no longer worried about my final weight goal, but was more excited to get in better shape. The same still holds true, but I have to say, the excitement was not lost when I stepped on the scale the other afternoon after my workout and I was 115.4lbs! On Sunday, even after a weekend full of not eating exactly as I should I weighed 117.4 and I was pretty ecstatic about that. I mean, who doesn't when the scale budges a little bit, especially in the downward direction?!

I had told myself that I was going to wait until at least Wednesday before weighing myself again. I mean, weighing myself more than once in a week is probably not the smartest idea, but weighing myself every day is even worse. So, when I worked out after I got home from clinic that afternoon before I had lunch, my only wish when I stepped on the scale was that it was below 117.8lbs. I was shocked to see 115.4 pop up, like so shocked that I didn't even believe it at first and had to step off and back on at least two more times to make sure I was seeing the number correctly. I was literally SO shocked because I had like 20 little candy bars the night before. I mean, those alone were probably a good 700-800 calories altogether. I won't get hung up on the whole 115 thing because my guess is that I probably won't see it on the scale for another week or so again. (Case in point when I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 116.8.) But to even have seen it, to have skipped 116 altogether was awesome. I mean, I had all but given up on getting down to that weight.

I cannot remember if I mentioned wanting to run a 5K with my sister by the end of the summer. I hate running, but maybe I'd like to learn to love it? Actually, I would just love to be able to say that I've run at least one 5K in my life. My sister feels the same way, at least I'm pretty sure she does, so we have decided to train this summer and run our first 5K together at the end of the summer. I found the perfect race for us. It is in a neighboring town and I think it will be a small enough amount of people. The race is in the morning of the day I want to have Ayden's birthday party this year so my sister would have to come to our area anyways for the party. I figured we could run the race in the morning and still have enough time to get ready for the party afterwards. Plus, it is about the only race that is close enough to us and fits into a good time frame. The other one I thought about signing us up for was in the middle of October.

I am excited to start the Couch to 5K program. I am going to start it after capstones in three and a half weeks. In the mean time I am going to continue working out with the Turbo Fire program and I am hoping that by doing that my endurance for running will be better than if I hadn't worked out at all.

I found the cutest pair of running shoes at Kohls yesterday and with my 30% off coupon I got a pretty good deal. I also bought a cute pair of sandals and some new undies. With that, I was able to get $10 Kohls cash and I can use that while my 30% coupon is still good so we are going to get Jay some new shoes this weekend as well. He hasn't gotten a new pair of tennis shoes in almost six years!

I have a pair of shoes that I use exclusively for working out indoors (I don't think they have ever touched the ground outside) and I don't really want to wear them for running. I haven't registered for the race yet, but I think I am going to pretty soon, just to keep myself accountable for it. I would love to be able to run the half marathon part of it, but I know that challenging myself to run just over three miles at one time is going to be hard enough by the end of the summer and that 13 miles is pretty unattainable at this point. But, as I work my way through the running program and if I can make it past the 5K mark, I do plan on pushing myself further. Maybe by the end of the summer I will be able to run 5 miles at once instead of just 3... we will see!

I have downloaded an app on my phone that will track my distance and my pace and I have downloaded some podcasts in the background that play music and prompt me when to run and walk through the nine weeks of the program so that will help me too. I just need to push through it like I am pushing through Turbo Fire. I am halfway through Week 4 of the program and it feels great.

It may have taken three and a half weeks of hard work to start seeing some awesome progress in my body, but it has been well worth it, that is for sure! I am back to the point that I was at in early fall when I really liked how my body looked. I like what I am eating now, although some days I would prefer to pig out. I am calorie counting to make sure that I am getting what I need without going too overboard. It is amazing the amount of food you can eat when it is good for you. Today alone through lunch I will have had a bowl of corn flakes with milk for breakfast. I brought carrots and fat free ranch dip for a mid morning snack, an apple, piece of string cheese, and two cups tomato soup for lunch, and then some Special K crackers for a mid afternoon snack. And I STILL have like 400-500 calories left over for supper! Amazeballs! However, that is not to say that I still don't crave a HUGE bowl of ice cream every now and then. I mean, I have had my fair share of little chocolate candy bars this week! I finally took the rest of them to school yesterday so they wouldn't be at home. I am hoping my bowl is empty when I go back next week, haha!

That's all for now!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Great job, Ashley! You're a rockstar! I'm pretty sure one of my feet weighs that much... ;)

Sarah