Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{i miss daddy}

Ayden and I walked in the house last night at 5:45pm and the first words out of his mouth were 'Hi Daddy!', when in reality he meant to say 'Hi Diesel' because it was our cat that was greeting us at the door, not daddy. Then he proceeded to tell me that he missed daddy. Me too, kiddo, me too! I knew that at some point Ayden would miss Jay during the week, I just didn't know how vocal he was going to be about it. Ayden loves his daddy, but he is definitely a momma's boy (at least for the time being), so it was nice to hear him be vocal about it. We're still plugging away through the week alone.
Last night was a little crazy right when we got home. First off, it was almost 6:00pm and I was feeling a little down that Ayden was at school/before and after school care, over ten hours yesterday. That is almost a whole half of the day. Mommy guilt starting to settle in that I didn't get to spend more time with him yesterday. We were out the door in the morning by 6:45am and didn't walk back in until 5:45pm. I had had a long day at clinic (I suppose I should get used to those, right?!), I was tired, and I still had to make supper.

Ayden wanted to play on my computer when we got home and I was okay with that. However, he was a little impatient with my computer loading and started hitting buttons and then when it did load, the internet wasn't working. I was frustrated with that because I really needed it to work last night because I had homework that I needed upload because it was due today. I was frantically trying to get that to work (I did manage to fix it) as I was trying to start supper. I had preheated the toaster oven and apparently there was a tray in it that had some crumbs on yet and they started to char and smoke and then it smelt bad. It was just a bit overwhelming for a little bit and I was letting it get to me.

Supper turned out fine... Ayden had a left over burger and some smiley face potatoes and I had a Body By Vi shake (chocolate peanut butter banana) and some smiley face potatoes. Honestly, these shakes are delicious. My cousin had pointed out to me that they contain MSGs. Thank you for your insight, because I know you are reading this, hehe! Apparently, I didn't do too much in-depth research about the shakes before just deciding to buy and try them. It shows, lol.

I've since read a little bit about MSGs now because I didn't really know what they were in the first place and although some of the stuff I read wasn't too hot, it didn't affect my personal decision. I know in some cases, it would point someone away from Body By Vi, but it didn't me. It is all a personal choice, that is what people need to remember. I eat A LOT of things that are not good for me, have done so for a LONG time! I'm pretty sure I could make better choices that box macaroni and cheese or Oscar Meyer hot dogs or ramen noodles (and I have been lately trying to be a little conscious about my choices), but for someone to HATES cooking, these make it easier for me, haha! I probably won't ever go organic or all natural, it's just not for me. There will always be something that we are doing to our bodies that someone else thinks is bad, its just a fact of life. It goes the same for everything else in life, everyone has different viewpoints on things.

Anyways, back to our night... after supper I called Jay quickly and uploaded my homework before going to work out. Last night it was a 15 minute HIIT workout and then some body sculpting and dang, my shoulders still ache from it. Tonight is the 55 minute Fire workout and although it is long, I enjoy it. By the time I got done working out it was almost Ayden's bed time and I feel like we didn't spend any time together last night. More mommy guilt. But I sort of brought that one on myself since I could have worked out after Ayden went to bed.

This week seems to be dragging on. Despite the fact that yesterday went pretty fast with our busy clinic schedule, it was still a long day. Like I said, I worked out last night and plan on working out thru Friday and using Saturday as my off day since we will be gone. I had thought about walking from Jay's parents house to my mom's house on Saturday when we head over there. It is only about four miles and a good four mile walk would do me good; however, I don't think Ayden will walk the four miles with me and I'd have no other way of getting him over there. We'll see though. Maybe I will walk it back since it will hopefully be warmer then. Check that, I just checked the weather forecast for that area and out of the next seven days, Saturday into Sunday is the only day that has the potential for rain. So, we'll just have to wait and see.

My friend and classmate, Katie, is coming over tonight for some pizza and to study and gossip. We haven't really gotten to talk in a couple of weeks with spring breaks and the audiology conference so it will be nice. Plus I am itching for some adult time as well. I don't get my fill with my supervisors on Tuesdays and Thursdays, it is just not the same as it is with friends, haha! So I am excited about that, but first I need to do some grocery shopping.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: