Wednesday, May 9, 2012

{gone and done it}

I’ve gone and done quite a few things already this week and it is only Wednesday night. Quite the productive week if you ask me, although I haven’t had to work at all.

I’ve put the finishing touches on my capstone paper.

I’ve finished up my capstone presentation (just need to practice it ALL day tomorrow and then present it at precisely 1:50pm on Friday, if you happen to look at a clock around that time, send me some good vibes my way please!).

I’ve continued to eat pretty good since Sunday, staying within my caloric limit and even enjoying a few bits of chocolate along the way.

I’ve worked out every day since Sunday and I am feeling fine! Even though I didn’t really feel like working out tonight, I got up off my lazy rear and pounded out a Fire 55EZ workout.

I read a book. Started it Monday, finished it tonight. Good book.

I finally told a friend she wasn’t going to be in our wedding. Yeah, that didn’t go over so well. We’ll see where that friendship ends up. But that is one of those things I’ll probably not share about on here.

I’ve taken a video tour of our almost finish new (to us) house! And during said video tour got to video chat with my honey a bit. I got super excited to see a glass cooktop stove, a side by side refrigerator with water and ice in the door, a dishwasher, awesome painted living room, and super cute (but small) bathroom. I also got just a teeny bit jealous that Jay got to see it in person, hehe!

I’ve passed my four year blogaversary! Four years! CanNOT believe it has been that long already! Oh, how things have changed!

And… I sat through my last ever on campus class. Bittersweet actually.

Like I said, it’s only Wednesday, ha!

To elaborate a bit… the book I read was called Save Me and it was pretty good. It started out kind of slow and then finished up kind of fast, but it was worth the money. I just needed a good read. It has felt SO relaxing this week without having to go to work and just worrying about a few capstone revisions. I cannot wait until the full weight of that is off of my shoulders by Friday night. Tomorrow is full on practicing my presentation, although, to be honest, I’m not that worried about it.

Like I said, I have been eating pretty good this week and being home most of the day and doing that has actually surprised me. However, the junk food supply in our house is actually pretty much nonexistent so it is hard to fill up on chocolate candy bars when there are none. Guess an apple will have to do. I am loving my body right now though. All of the hard core work I’ve put in the last two months of working out has gotten me to where I wanted to be. I’ve maintained my goal weight for about two weeks now, slightly fluctuating every day, but that’s to be expected. What makes me even more happy than the number on the scale though is how I feel about myself.

Excuse me for a minute while I get a little vain (hey, it’s well deserved, I worked my ass off to get this body), but I am in love with my arms and I may or may not be starting to see some ab muscles poking through. I took this picture this morning… see how much room I have in my pants?! Those pants are a size 7/8 and when I bought them around this time last year, they fit… not too snug, but not fall off my hips loose either. Now, if I didn’t wear a belt with them they wouldn’t stay up! LOVE it! And I am damn proud of myself!581068_887907645651_185005991_37952389_2084143153_n

I’ve worked harder than I have ever worked before in my life and the results have amazed me! I am not perfect by any means. I still have trouble eating super healthy. Part of that comes with my dislike for the kitchen altogether. But if you would have seen what I was eating only a year ago. I was drinking at least one regular Mountain Dew a day. I was not watching my portions AT ALL. I would have a big bowl of ice cream almost EVERY night… and we are not talking one or two scoops.

I no longer drink soda, except on the rare occasion that we are out at a family gathering. We don’t keep it in the house. I still crave a huge bowl of ice cream every night, but since I try not to buy it very often, I don’t eat nearly as much as I used to. I still eat WAY more processed foods than I should, but like I said, I just hate cooking. In the last two months I have tried to make an effort to at least buy more fresh fruit and baby carrots, haha! I mean, aren’t some frozen veggies good for you too?! I’ve been doing more of those. Let’s face it, I’ll always be a microwave and eat kind of girl, I despise standing in front of the stove. I despise most of the kitchen altogether. Hence why Jay does dishes and I do laundry, ha!

Katie brought her camera to school today to take a picture of our last day on campus. Once she sends the pictures to me (I wasn’t smart enough to think to bring my camera along too, but will remember it on Friday) I will be sure to post them on here. For now, I’m going to go watch some House Hunters and let it sink in that I am really done with that dreaded distance ed room. Gah!

CIAO! LOVE ME

0 comments: