Sunday, May 27, 2012

{first few days}

Life right now is a bit overwhelming and I’m finally sitting down trying to reflect on it all. We are officially all moved into our new house; however, that doesn’t mean we are anywhere near being unpacked. Actually, I am pretty sure that we still have some boxes at Jay’s parents house (although I am inclined to believe that those are mostly rummage sale boxes).

Our house is slowly beginning to look like a home and I know deep down that it will not be my version of ‘perfect’ for a couple of weeks yet, but on the surface it is hard for me to let it take that long. I can’t stand clutter and things not where they belong so it is very hard for me to live like this right now. Both Jay and I have been go go go pretty much every waking moment since we got here Friday night. (Minus the afternoon today when we went to Jay’s cousin’s birthday party and just relaxed for awhile.)

There is actually walking space in our house now… but there are still boxes on the edges. I think what bugs me the most is that we have boxes and boxes of stuff that we want to sell in a rummage sale and that stuff can’t just be put away. Oh well though. It all will get done when it gets done. I just need to keep reminding myself that over and over and over and over, haha!

I have to say that it has been pretty great to spend so much time together as a family though, even though I haven’t been sleeping super great yet. I am looking forward to getting into more of a routine though in the coming weeks with clinic and what not. Get this next year of my life started and get into a routine with it.

I want to take pictures and share with everyone, but I don’t want to take the pictures until we have everything settled in and pictures on the walls and it looking like I want it to, hehe! For now, if you are my friend on Facebook, you can live vicariously through the sneak peaks that I have been putting up.

I feel like there is so much that I want to do with the house, especially outside and I feel like the summer is going to be over before we are able to get any of it done. I know that summer hasn’t even really started, but there is really only three or four good months of warm(ish) weather and I am hoping that this summer is a lot warmer than it was last summer.

I haven’t worked out yet this weekend and I won’t be as it is almost midnight Sunday night already. I was going to yesterday; however, I was just beat after lifting and moving things all day yesterday. I was on my feet all day long. Then today, I know that I could have, but I just couldn’t tear myself away from moving stuff and putting things away for even an hour. Dreadful excuse, I know, haha! And my eating habits this weekend has been pretty horrible as well. But, on a brighter note, Jay has this pull-up thing for exercising and he hung it on one of our doors this afternoon and told me to do a pull-up and guess what?! I was able to do one! I have NEVER in my life been able to do a pull-up and today I rocked it! I was so surprised! Go me! Haha!

I think Ayden is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the new house. He has been sort of aimlessly wandering around the last two days and saying he is bored. I kid you not, this kid played with ONLY legos for the last week while we were in Point and didn’t say he was bored once and now while we are at our new house with ALL of his toys, he is suddenly bored. Um, I think he’s just overwhelmed by it all kind of. It will take him a bit to get used to.

I have to say that I already miss the bigger stores in Stevens Point. We went to Walmart in town yesterday to look for a few things that I knew the Walmart in Point had, but I couldn’t even find one of it in Chilton. The perks of living in a small town, right?!

Despite that let down, something good did happen while we were at Walmart. As we were walking into the store, Jay had asked me how many people he thought we would run into that we knew. I told him that I better not see anyone I know and wouldn’t you know, not even ten seconds into the store I run into someone I know. That someone just happened to be my old daycare teacher! It was SO great to see her again and catch up for a bit, REALLY great actually! I told Jay that if I had to run into someone I knew, she was someone I wouldn’t mind. We also had to run to Walmart for a few things today and saw someone else we knew (didn’t actually talk to them though). I said that maybe I need to keep track of the number of times I go to Walmart and don’t run into anyone I know because that will probably be the fewer of the two, haha! Whereas if I were to go to the store in Point, I probably would see someone I knew 1 out of 20 visits. Ah, the perks of a small town… I will get used to it, I will get used to it, I will get used to it, haha!

In all honesty though, I think we are settling into the house quite nicely and it will be a good place for us to live for at least the next year, maybe longer. Will deal, that’s for sure!

And now since it is almost 11:30pm, I shall go crawl into bed…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: