Thursday, May 3, 2012

{time flies}

*I started this on Monday with every intention of posting it Monday night; however, the week got away from me and here it is already Thursday before I am getting this posted.*

Let me preface this post by saying it will definitely not be whiny and complainy (yes, I am making that a word for today), like my last one. I needed a good vent and I got it out. The rest of my weekend went well, despite the fact that I spent little of it with Jay.

I had a great photo shoot on Sunday and I am in the midst of editing the pictures. They turned out awesome and the sneak peak is getting a lot of positive feedback from friends. I have to admit, I was slightly nervous... it was my first shoot after a few months without having one, but once I got there and got into my groove, it went very smoothly and I think we all had a great time! The goal is to have the rest of the pictures edited by Friday which shouldn't be a problem. After all, I don't have the Praxis to study for anymore, hehe! (In reality, I busted out editing all of the pictures Monday during a break between work and class and then at night so I could get them sent out and not have to worry about it for the rest of the week.)

The month of May is going to be a busy and exciting and LIFE CHANGING one for us around here! Below is a summarized list of everything that is going on during each of the next five weeks. Some weeks have more stuff going on in them than others and I put it just about everything I could think of, even the little things that need to get done. I am really hoping that this week goes a little better than last week and I have every intention of making it so!

Activities during the week of April 29, 2012

Week 6 of single parenthood and Turbo Fire

Mom coming to visit and help pack

Cub Scouts tree planting event

Last week of clinic

Do last assignment of the semester

Finish Mother's Day project

Finish editing photos

Activities during the week of May 6, 2012

Week 7 of single parenthood and Turbo Fire

Capstone presentation

Sister's graduation party

Get keys to new house at the end of the week

Ayden getting teeth pulled

No work

Last week of classes

Ayden field trip at the end of the week

Activities during the week of May 13, 2012

Week 8 of single parenthood and Turbo Fire

Week 1 of Couch to 5K

Mother's Day

Moving most of the stuff at the end of the week

Cub scout meeting

Activities during the week of May 20, 2012

Week 9 of single parenthood and Turbo Fire

Week 2 of Couch to 5K

Possible photo shoot at the end of the week?

Ayden's last day of school at the end of the week

Ashley's last day of work at the end of the week

Activities during the week of May 27, 2012

Week 10 Turbo Fire

No more being a single parent

Week 3 of Couch to 5K

Start externship

Photo shoot at the end of the week

I am determined to make this week a healthier eating week and have started the morning off good. And even though my motivation for working out has gone down slightly in the last few days, I have still pushed through each workout and am proud to say that I have made it through Week 5 with only taking ONE rest day each of the weeks. That is not something I thought I would be able to do. I am still dripping in sweat after a Fire 55EZ workout, but it is getting easier each time and it seems to go faster every time I do it. I know the pattern of the workout a lot better so I can count during the moves and know how many more rounds I have to do before moving on. It helps me keep motivated because I tell myself as we are doing it... only four more times, only three more times, only two more times, last time! It isn't so much of a guessing game anymore. The only thing I am wondering about what kind of schedule I will want to adapt when I start the Couch to 5K program. For that you are running three days of the week for about 35 minutes. At this point I am pretty used to working out for 45 minute or more each day of the week, but I'm thinking running will be enough to get me into a pretty good sweat. I know that I will have to alternate running with Turbo Fire so I won't be working through the weeks of Turbo Fire quite as fast. I plan to start the Couch to 5K program on Monday May 14th, which gets me fully through Week 6 and 7 of Turbo Fire.

I have to say, this week has been back and forth for eating. Despite the fact that I said that this was going to be a good week... Monday was okay, Tuesday was horrible, and yesterday I made a concerted effort to MAKE sure it was a good day. I realized that when I am sitting in front of the TV doing nothing, I eat and eat and eat. Tuesday during the day was really good and then I got home and had a good supper. It was after supper that hurt me. I had a small bowl of chocolate chips, then an ice cream bar, then a bowl of chips, and THEN a big spoonful of nutella. That nutella, I tell you, it has become the bane of my existence, haha! So, yesterday when I got home from class I made sure to keep busy and when I would think about food, I drank water. Then I picked Ayden up from school and we spent the rest of the afternoon, until about 7pm, outside which definitely helped!

I am surprised that I am not counting down the hours to my capstone presentation. At this point I just want it D.O.N.E! I told Jay that that weekend will be a great weekend for me. We will be getting the keys to our new place, it is my sister's graduation party so I will be able to just sit and relax and enjoy seeing my family, and it is Mother's Day and I am excited to give my mom her Mother's Day present. It will be one of those weekends where I won't have to worry about what time we need to leave Chilton at to get home to Point because I don't have anything going on the next week except for work and cleaning and packing. Cannot come fast enough! But it will because tomorrow is already Friday and that means this week is already over.

This week has been mediocre for working out as well. I did my workout Sunday night and then I used Monday as my 'off' day for the week to finish editing pictures. I did half of my workout on Tuesday. By half, I mean that I did the 30 minutes of cardio that I was supposed to do and then skipped the 30 minutes of strength training. I just wasn't in the mood. Then I skipped working out last night in favor of spending time with my little man, but I think that a four mile bike ride counts for a little something. At this point in the program, even though I would like to continue with it as strict as I have been, I am getting a little tired of it and because the weather is warming up, it is harder to stay inside when I could be outside doing stuff. I will probably do my 30 minute cardio that is on for tonight, but not the 30 minutes strength training. Then tomorrow morning since Ayden has a late start, I will probably do my Fire 55EZ workout before I take him to school since my mom will be visiting.

I was scouring the Maurice's website the other night and I found the most awesome dress for my sister's graduation party. Not that I need to be dressed up or anything and the dress isn't super dressy... mostly cute and fun and I like a cute fun dress!

Here are some pictures from our adventure to Jordan Park last night. I can never go to that place without my camera! I love going there with Ayden and just climbing around on the rocks. It was probably one of the last times (if not THE last time) that we will be going there. And for awhile I just sat on the rocks and soaked in all of the beauty of the place. It just made me sad that we will be leaving Stevens Point!IMG_1298IMG_1300IMG_1302IMG_1305IMG_1310IMG_1313IMG_1317IMG_1322IMG_1333IMG_1337IMG_1342IMG_1346CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: