Monday, October 14, 2013

{adjustment}

We had an absolute great weekend at our house and I’m happy to finally be able to say that I felt pretty good for the majority of it (knock on wood)!
 
My dad and Wendy were gone up north for the whole weekend and Alexis was hanging out at our house for the weekend. We had lots of busy plans for Saturday and had little to no down time! I was a little anxious about how it was going to play out because I hadn’t had such a busy day in a long time where I was going to be going going going, but it went well.
 
We started out the day early with a 5k walk in a neighboring town. Both Ayden and Alexis joined me, along with my bestie Victoria (whom I totally haven’t seen enough of lately… stupid all day sickness keeping me couped up on the couch for so much of the time lately). Because the kiddos were along, my plan was to walk and no run, although I don’t know how much running I would have been doing anyways because just walking it made me tired. Stupid endurance has definitely taken a hit lately! I’m SO ready for this second trimester energy spurt to hit me anytime now!
 
The walk went well! Victoria was awesome and kept it at our pace, even though I know she could have taken off and run it. In fact, her and Ayden actually ended up running the last ½ mile or so and I got to watch them cross the finish line together as Alexis and I were rounding a corner! It was SO neat! They were there cheering us on as Alexis and I ran the last 100 feet so or hand in hand across the finish line! It was definitely a great morning! The kiddos and I ended up at Mickey D’s for lunch as a treat to them for doing so well with minimal whining, and a treat for me because I didn’t have to cook and then we rested at home for about an hour or so until my sister and her boyfriend showed up and we all headed out to a local apple orchard for some apple picking and caramel apples! Jay even joined us for that trip!

The orchard was fun, the caramel apple was great, and the company was even better! We picked apples and Jay made homemade applesauce with them yesterday! Delicious!

After the orchard, we headed back to our house where my mom and brother joined us for supper and then we all headed off to a local corn maze in the dark! It was boys against girls going through the maze… Jay, Ayden, my brother, and my sister’s boyfriend, against me, Alexis, my sister and my mom. The guys one, but I think they cheated, haha! It was great; however, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not very good at picking the right direction going through the maze because whenever I was leading was when we would get lost. Emily was able to successfully lead us through! If you ever get a chance to do a corn maze in the dark with glow sticks, I would definitely suggest it because it is a blast!

I definitely slept good Saturday night and my legs/whole body was sore from all of the fun festivities on Sunday! I had a fun photo shoot on Sunday morning before heading home for an afternoon of relaxing. Jay put up the baby crib and changing table yesterday in what we are now officially referring to as the baby’s room. We had moved our computer/office stuff down into the living room and it doesn’t look that bad. It is definitely weird to see the crib up again after so many years! I’ve gotten excited about the possibility of decorating the room though. I have some ideas floating around in my head already, but we will have to wait and see if baby is a girl or a boy.

I’ve had a hard time adjusting to my changing body lately. There is definitely the start of a baby bump going on now. There is no denying that and my clothes are definitely fitting differently. It’s been hard to accept that my body is going to change and I’m going to gain weight. Logically I know it is going to happen and that it is supposed to happen and that I am growing a baby and should be excited about it all. I mean,yeah, I’ll accept that the baby bump at some point, but I’m still emotionally trying to wrap my head around it all. It worked SO hard to get my body to a point where I liked it. I mean, I was never overweight or completely unhappy with my body, but I worked my ass off and got to a point where I was happy. It’s just difficult to see a change in the opposite direction, especially when my clothes aren’t fitting the same and I’m still too small for actual maternity clothes. Once again, I know LOGICALLY that the same hard work after baby will get me back to where I was. LOGICALLY. Emotionally speaking, it’s a different story. But aren’t pregnant women allowed to be emotional, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: