Tuesday, October 29, 2013

{up and down}

I'm a few weeks into my second trimester now and I'm still waiting to feel that glow that everyone talks about, haha! My days fluctuate now with how I am feeling and I'm grateful for more so so days than really bad days. For the most part I think the severe nausea has passed; however, it still likes to let me know that it can rear it's ugly head at any time! Case in point, this past weekend! Actually, I think I kind of felt it coming on Friday night as I wasn't feeling to hot then either. I had a wedding that I was going to help photograph on Saturday, so I went to bed early hoping Saturday would be better. Not so much. Saturday morning rolled around and not that you want to know or care, but the bathroom was my best friend. Whatever I tried to eat just wasn't agreeing with my stomach and I was so lightheaded. I felt bad (both physically and emotionally) because I had to stay home from the wedding. I knew that if I went I would have spent more time in the bathroom or trying not to pass out than actually helping. I was bummed because I hate letting people down. I had a low point where I was climbing the stairs to get something from the bedroom and just sat down and cried for a few minutes at the top because I felt so crappy. Needless to say, the majority of Saturday was spent on the couch. Thankfully my dad had called to see if Ayden wanted to go over there for a little while and Jay was gone most of the day so I could just rest in peace.
 
Sadly, much of Sunday was spent the same way; however, I did feel slightly better. I was able to keep my food down. I had an engagement shoot in the late afternoon with a friend that I really couldn't reschedule (we both have scheduling conflicts until like the middle of December), so I geared up for that and made it through. Not going to lie though, kind of plastered on a smiley face for some of it. I also just paced myself as well. Because of the photo shoot I had to miss taking Ayden trick or treating, but he ended up going with Alexis anyways and had a good time. I feel bad that we haven't really done any fall decorating this year. Not that we ever go ALL out, but we only have one pumpkin that Ayden is taking to decorate at school. We didn't carve any at home and Halloween is this week. Boo on that because I love carving pumpkins. It's just been a crazy busy fall with mommy not up to par and daddy super busy away from home. Not that Ayden has complained any, but still. Mommy guilt kicking in a bit.
 
I am happy to say that Monday was alright. I'm good with alright for right now. I'll take it. Go with it. I'd like to be good or great, but we'll work on that. Haha! Just being able to say that I went the entire day without throwing up or feeling like I had to throw up is a plus in my book! And another plus... I've even started sipping on water (albeit flavored with some Mio) again! For WEEKS I couldn't tolerate it or even the thought of it. I KNOW I'm not getting enough yet, but some is better than none. I have to admit that my healthy tendencies have gone out the window so far and have only slightly begun to return. And, yes, I will admit this, I do drink caffeine. To each their own. And if Mt. Dew is one of the only liquids I can keep down alright, it's going down. I limit myself, but yes, I may or may not have become addicted again. Haha!
 
I'm still very tired throughout the day, especially after lunch. There should be mandatory nap times allowed for adults. On Friday after a morning out with my little man, I came home and took a two hour nap. It was pure bliss! Sleep is still pretty good. (Knock on wood.) I'm considering investing in a pregnancy pillow because the body pillow I have just isn't cutting it. Jay complains I take up too much of the bed with my pillows. I used to sleep with two. Now I sleep with five regular sized pillows, plus my body pillow. I have two under my knees to prop my legs and then was using four for my head/back so I was more elevated. I think we just need a bigger bed, lol! (We already have a queen!)
 
We are hopefully getting our puppy this weekend. I am very excited; however, ask me how it is going next week and we will see if I still have the same sentiment about it! Not going to lie though, I'm definitely ready to get that little puppy in front of my camera! Also, as much as I love photography and my clients, I am ready for these next two weekends to be over with so I can just have some downtime. We've literally been going/doing something every weekend since like August, what with all of the wedding planning, then the wedding and the honeymoon, and now photoshoots. I want a few weeks just at home with nothing to do. But I think I said something along the lines of that in my last post. Am I just constantly repeating myself these days? Sometimes it feels like it.
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: