Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pregnancy Journal: Part 3

Part One and Part Two.

Part Three

{my darling boy}

September 17, 2013

By the time I get home from work most nights, it is nearing 6:00pm and I am STARVING! Last night Jay ended up working late, so I picked the little man up from my dad’s house and we headed home. I was hoping that he had already eaten something at my dad’s, but no such luck. That’s okay though. I had it in my head that I wanted ramen noodles for supper. Yeah, I know, definitely not healthy by any stretch of the imagination; however, I wasn’t feeling super well and they seem to be one of the more bland things that sit halfway decent in my stomach after a long day of feeling icky. Ayden didn’t really want ramen, so I asked him what he wanted that involved mommy not having to cook as like I mentioned, I wasn’t feeling good. He said that he would have some cereal and then we noticed that we were all out of milk. He told me he would just eat it dry, but even I couldn’t let him do that.

So, while my water was warming up for the ramen, I had Ayden watch the stove and I quickly ran over to the gas station (which is literally two blocks from our house, and no I didn’t actually run, I drove) and picked up some milk (and M&Ms) for my sweet boy. By the time I got back home my ramen was almost done, Ayden knows how to cook it pretty well, and I could sit down and relax for the night. My darling boy enjoyed his cereal and an apple and then his M&Ms for dessert. He was so sweet to me last night, I couldn’t help but get him an extra treat. He has actually been very sweet to me since finding out about the baby and me not feeling the greatest most of the time.

{bump-date}

September 30, 2013

It's been a little while since I've updated the pregnancy journal, so I thought what better time to do it than while flying high at some odd thousand feet in the sky... right?! Nothing better to do on our flight back to Milwaukee, and I've already written my blog posts about the wedding and the honeymoon.

Once again, I sit here wishing that I could tell you that I'm magically feeling better, but I'm not. Am I feeling better than I was at the six or even eight week mark, yeah, I'd go that far. I'm holding out hope that once we hit that second trimester it goes away! Speaking of that, it is coming up soon! According to my little calendar thingy, I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday. Now, I'm definitely not holding out hope that I wake up on Thursday and magically I'm feeling 100% better, but sometime in the next week or so... keeping those fingers crossed!

I have to say that going on our honeymoon preggo was definitely a once in a lifetime experience, haha! Don't know if I'd redo that one over, but even so, both Jay and I still had a GREAT time and I'm glad that we decided to go right after the wedding, morning/all day sickness aside. We pushed through and made it all that we could.

I'm definitely feeling that I cannot eat as large of meals as I used to. It's lots of smaller meals/snacks about ever 2-3 hours. I've found that if I go longer than that I tend to feel worse. I generally feel the best about mid morning and by the end of the day I just want to go to sleep so I can feel normal again. I feel normal/good while I'm eating, but then almost right away afterwards I don't. It kind of sucks. Only six more months until I get my body back to myself, haha! Only six more months. It is weird to be writing that already because I still feel that we are so early in the pregnancy, when in reality it is already 1/3 of the way over. Cray cray!

While we were in Punta Cana, we officially announced the coming of the new baby to our family and friends via the awesome-sauce that is Facebook. Everyone seemed to be excited for us! I have to say, Jay did get one comment from a family member that I know wasn't meant to be mean in anyway, but being the hormonal preggo that I am, I kind of took it that way and it upset me a little bit. I wish I would have been there when he heard it because I woud have had something to add, but I wasn't and that is okay, because like I said, it wasn't meant in a bad way. And... everyone is definitely entitled to their own opinion about everything in life, so I'm just going to let it slide. There are definitely things that other people do in life that I don't necessarily agree with and there are things in life that both Jay and I do that I KNOW other people don't always agree with either. That is the great thing about being human, we have the freedom to do whatever we want and not have to care about whatever other people think.

As far as the actual baby bump goes... it's pretty non-existent in the morning when I wake up. I have to say that even with all of the eating on the honeymoon, I didn't gain any weight. (They had this nice scale in our hotel room... that I may or may not have used, haha!) I'm still down about 5-6 lbs from pre-preggo. I definitely wasn't trying not to gain any weight, in fact it would have been nice to gain a little bit while gone because then I could feel like I was doing something 'right', however, I know that it will start to add on in the coming weeks. I definitely don't feel 5 lbs lighter than I did at the beginning though. By the end of the day, there is definitely a small bump going on, but that's mostly from the food that I've been munching on all day long. I'm excited for it to be an actual bump though, and to feel some movement. Hopefully in the coming month I'll start to feel baby!

Sleep has still been pretty good. Some nights I wake up and need to pee super bad and other nights I can make it through the night... of course, by morning I need to get up pretty badly!

And now back to our regularly scheduled blogging…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: