Wednesday, October 2, 2013

{THE honeymoon}

It's only fitting that since I wrote 'the wedding' post from somewhere up in the sky, that I should write 'the honeymoon' post from somewhere up in the sky as well. When you are reading this we will (hopefully) be home; so we will no longer be in an airplane, but for the time being, let's just pretend that I am still high up above the clouds flying somewhere between Atlanta, GA and our home state of good ole' Wisconsin.

Jay and I had a fantastic honeymoon... some morning/all day sickness aside. It seemed to rear it's ugly head at just the wrong times this past week and although I tried to make the most out of it and feeling like crap at times, I still wish I didn't have to still deal with it. It was definitely a bummer waking up each morning and having to run to the bathroom, but most days were pretty okay. I'm hesitant to say great because I don't think I ever felt really great throughout the duration of the trip, but we definitely had a good time and I am so glad that we decided to go right away after the wedding (being pregnant aside).

The resort was absolutely beautiful! Definitely the five stars that all of the reviews made it out to be. The weather was fantastic! We only had two instances of rain... one of which was during our one and only excursion, which actually didn't dampen our time on the trip at all, and then it ended up storming pretty good our last night there; however, we were sleeping and didn't notice it. Other than that, it was sunshine and more sunshine!

We definitely spent a lot of time on the beach! The sand was SO soft, the ocean was almost bathwater warm, and the color of the water was just magical! I didn't want to leave (you know, other than wishing I felt better, haha!). The servers would come ask you what you wanted to drink, and we definitely took them up on the offers. The cocktails were SO good... alcohol free for me of course! They would even come ask you while you were in the pool and then bring the drinks back to you! We got use to that! And the pool, just as amazing as the ocean! Jay and I were both definitely fish this last week spending the majority of our time either in the water or relaxing on some beach chairs!

We did go on one excursion which included a large catamaran ride out to a coral reef where we got to snorkel with the little fish, a yummy lobster (or pasta-which is what I got) lunch, lot of swimming, and then a private white sand beach afternoon! It was definitely worth it! I really wanted to go snorkeling with the sharks and stingrays and Jay wanted to go deep sea fishing, but because I am pregnant, we could not. We were both slightly bummed, but we knew that the excursion people wouldn't allow it for their own liability reasons, so that was okay. Our excursion was still a blast! I could have snorkeling with the little fish ALL DAY! It was so awesome to just be out in the middle of the ocean in the coral reef with the waves around you without a care in the world.

The food at the resort was also good. There was definitely a great selection of food to choice from, but since Jay and I tended to hit up the buffet most nights, it was just okay good. I think we are both ready to be at home and just have normal food again. At least I know that I am.

Would we go back... um, that is a resound YES! Jay is already talking of a five year anniversary trip back there. Okay, you don't have to ask me twice, haha!

Our flights both down and back were pretty smooth. We easily made it through customs and immigration both going in and out of the country.

I'm ready to see my little man again and get back into the normal routine of life... whatever that may be, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: