Saturday, September 5, 2009

All over the place…

I’m in love with taking pictures (like you didn’t already known that) and I’m in love with sharing them with other people (like you didn’t already know that either)! So, sit back… enjoy a few pictures along with your (hopefully) long weekend! And the good weather, at least we have some here, hope you have some where ever you are from!

Ayden rode the bus for the first time this past week. Jay walked him down the street a little ways to the bus stop in the morning and waited with him. Then Jay and I walked back down there at the end of the school day to wait for Ayden’s bus to drop him off. I knew he made it to school alright since I didn’t get a phone call from them, but what surprised me even more was that Jay actually followed the bus all the way to school! I didn’t think he would do that, in fact I didn’t even tell him to, but he did! Apparently the bus stops at one school first and drops some kids off, gets some other kids on, and then heads off to Ayden’s school! Ayden did great and stayed on at the first school like he was supposed to and got off at the second school!

I was a little apprehensive about waiting for him at the end of the day, but we had no problems! Here is Jay sitting at waiting for Ayden to be dropped off. We didn’t know exactly when the bus would arrive so we were waiting for probably 15 minutes before it came. And of course I had to be the mom with the camera to take a picture of her son getting off the school bus… you know since I didn’t get one of him getting on! IMG_0799Here is my cutie getting off the bus! His bus driver was SO nice! He even knew to call Ayden’s name when they got to the bus stop! I was super surprised that he remembered Ayden’s name… I think it will be a great year of bus riding. Ayden did great and says he wants to do it again… plus it saves Jay and myself from driving to his school and finding him there!

IMG_0800 Here is my little ‘hunting’ dude and his cool hat! He wanted to wear his hunting hat for going up north this weekend with Jay and who was I to say no? And of course… I need a picture because well… I don’t have a good reason, I just did!

IMG_0802 IMG_0809Here are some of my favorite flowers from our flower beds out back. We have a small rose bush that is about to bloom again! I really hope that it does before the weather gets too cold! It just might this weekend or early next week with the warm weather that we are having. It bloomed once this summer and Jay’s mom told him to cut it off and it might bloom again… and it is!

IMG_0810 IMG_0813 IMG_0815 So… today I went out to get the mail and I had a card from my grandma (my mom’s mom) and in it were some pictures. Pictures she said that she had gotten from my great grandma (her mom) and was sending them back to me. Well, my great grandma moved a little while ago and I know that my grandparents helped her. What I’m curious about is why my grandma is sending me all these pictures back?! Shouldn’t my great grandma still want them? I can’t see why she would want to get rid of them. This should be something that maybe comes back to me when she passes on, but to the best of my knowledge she’s still alive and kicking! I know that I’m not always kept up to date on everything family wise since I live the furthest away, but I’d like to think that my mom keeps me rather up to date on things and I’d like to think that she’d let me know if her grandma was getting worse health wise. So, to me it is just weird that my grandma would send me these pictures. It’s not only pictures from when I was little, but pictures of Ayden as well. So, is this something my grandma thought her mom wanted done? Is this something my great grandma told her daughter to do? I don’t know… but I do plan on calling my mom and seeing if she got an envelope full of pictures back as well? And… cousins who read this… did you get your pictures back too? Am I unloved? Okay, I know I’m not unloved, but I just thought it really odd!

Anyways, I wanted to share two of them with you… The first one is of my mom, dad, and me as a youngin’!

IMG_0820

And this second one is a five generation picture of Ayden (his first Christmas… yes he was a chunk at only 4 1/2 months old!), me, my mom, grandma, and great grandma!

IMG_0821

Hope you enjoyed!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: