Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Overall GREAT Day!

You know, Wednesdays tend to be pretty crappy around here, or at least the past few have been. They are LONG and filled with lots of stuff to do, well I guess that is what makes them long, haha! But today… well today… it was just a great day. I had no intention of it turning out so great when it started, but I’m sure glad it did. It definitely made me appreciated it and the little things!

I started out the day at 6am… fifteen minutes earlier than normal because I wanted to get to campus early so I could print off some material for one class and practice my presentation a little bit. And alas, I did get to campus early, but for no good reason because it seems like every day that I do try and get there extra early to print stuff off, the printers in the clinic are not working. Damn printers! So I was kind of bummed about not being able to print my stuff off that I was going to need for class, but no a superly big deal.

My first class is Hearing Assessment and it was my day to give my presentation. I think I did okay. I know I had all of the material that I needed, but you know how it goes with public speaking and all. I thought it would be fine with just two classmates and the teacher… and for the most part it was. I wasn’t extremely nervous, but it could have gone a little smoother I think. Oh well… over and done with.

My next class was Hearing Science and it was short per usual which is good. I was telling my classmates that I don’t know how we will handle it if the class actually lasts until the time that it is supposed to end one of these days. We are so used to getting done 20-30 minutes early. The bummer to that is that the next professor comes in early and since the majority of the students just stay in the room he thinks he can get started right away. Take today for example… our third class is supposed to start at 10:20am. We got done with Hearing Science roughly around 10am and us three Point students (mind you, this is a distance learning course through the TVs with Madison students) went to the lab to print off the newest power points and were kind of wasting the time away. I mean we had 20 minutes before class was supposed to start. Well at about 10:15am, I make my way back to the classroom and find one of my classmates talking to the prof like he had started class already. I mean come on, just because your class is getting cut short today because of the accreditation people visiting your campus doesn’t mean you HAVE to start class early. So, we had to get our other classmate from the computer lab because apparently he didn’t want to wait another five minutes. Next time I say we all just stay out of the room until 10:20… who cares if all of the Madison students are in their classroom. Boo to him, haha!

Anyways, this class got cut short by a half hour today which was awesome and I was even able to answer some questions in it. This prof really likes to review a lot at the beginning of each class which I think is great, but it really puts the pressure on when there are only three of you and only seven Madison students and you don’t review every night at home. I mean what is up with that, who actually does that every night. Okay, I’m sure someone does, it just ain’t me! Lol!

And what made getting done with that class early great was that the second years had their afternoon class cancelled so I was able to meet with Chad earlier than plan. Dustin (my mentor) switched clinic days with Chad this week since Dustin needed to be gone tomorrow and it worked out better for me to just stay on tomorrow and Chad didn’t care and I ‘worked’ with him last spring. He was my mentor then. So we got together and worked on pre reports. He wrote, I commented and actually learned some stuff about hearing aids. I am excited about tomorrows appointments. I think the first two should go relatively fast, but the last one might take a little longer. Should be a good time though.

After getting that done and out of the way… I headed off to work for a little while and that went well. Have I ever mentioned that I love my job. I love the flexibility it gives me and how appreciated I am there, even with the mundane things that I do. It just makes your day that much better when someone says thank you and everyone there is so great! Makes me smile just thinking about it!

And so my day was moving along at a good pace and things were just going pretty good. I got home a little earlier than expected, had a late lunch and relaxed for a bit on the couch before having to go and get Ayden from school. I got Ayden from school and we ran to Walmart quick for some stuff and then came home and went straight to work on Jay’s birthday cake. Nothing special, but Ayden really wanted to make one and boxed cakes are easy enough!

Ayden and I shared some ramen noodles and grapes for supper, frosted the cake, and then we were all out the door for our first family visit to the YMCA! Jay went to work out and Ayden and I headed for the pool. We had the whole pool to ourselves and it was great! They didn’t have the water slide open tonight which was kind of a bummer, but they will have it going tomorrow night so that is cool! Ayden and I had such a blast in the pool! He was jumping in left and right!

Tomorrow night we are going to go again, but first my friend and I are going to work out together and then Ayden and I will go swimming. I’ll be dead tired by the end of that, ha! But it will be good for me, let me sleep like a rock at night as well! I’m excited!

Hmm… I was all set to make this some sort of long blog post and actually have something read worthy in there… wait, everything I write is read worth, haha! But this is taking me forever to write since I keep stopping to look stuff up and am trying to coordinate a time to meet with my friend tomorrow and well I will just get going to bed now…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: