Monday, September 28, 2009

Been a few days…

…and in those few days Ayden managed to get sick, and then Jay got sick, and then… I got sick! Thankfully it is only a cold, but colds suck too! Especially when you can’t breathe through your nose! I’m a nose breather and hate feeling all congested and/or having to blow my nose every five seconds. My nose was so runny today that after only an afternoon of Kleenex after Kleenex it is raw and red! I confess though, the Kleenexes that I was using were not the double thick lotion ones either. I mean my work doesn’t really spring for things like that. Actually there I had to take two Kleenexes at a time to make due. Not that you needed to know that, but my blog. And it just got worse and worse throughout the day. I could feel it coming on last night and didn’t think it would be too bad since Ayden wasn’t too horrible, but everyone gets it differently I guess.

Ayden came home Thursday after school and complained a little bit about a sore throat, but then had something to drink after we got in from getting off the bus and he said it felt better. I didn’t really think anything of it because I just figured that he was thirsty. After all, he said that his throat felt better. But he woke up Friday morning and you could tell that he was getting a cold. It wasn’t too bad Friday morning so I sent him to school, with the intention of keeping my phone handy while I had class just incase they decided he shouldn’t be there. You never know this fall/winter with everything going around about H1N1. I mean we got an email from the chancellor saying we should stay home if we had any cold/flu symptoms what so ever! But he made it through school. He was definitely worse by the end of the afternoon, but no fever so I knew it was just a cold. He did a lot of laying around Friday afternoon and night and Saturday morning, but didn’t do a lot of complaining which was good. He was congested and had a slight cough, but is now doing much better.

We did not go to soccer Saturday morning. He had a game at 8:30am and at that time he wasn’t feeling the hottest and I didn’t want to make him run up and down the field for an hour if he was congested and coughing, not going to help that any. But by Saturday afternoon he was doing much better. I was thinking Jay and I were totally in the clear. I should have known  better!

By Sunday night both Jay and I were starting to feel sick, him more so than myself. And by this morning… well Jay was pretty crappy. He didn’t sleep much last night and didn’t go to his classes. I don’t blame him because I probably wouldn’t have gone either and if he had, they probably would have told him to go home. I was slightly congested, but not too bad so decided to go. As I said before, it only went downhill as the day went on. Thankfully my classes were cut short today due to the accreditation people visiting our clinic. My one class was pretty pointless since the professor only went over what was going to be on the test and he could very well have saved us the time and typed up a quick review sheet, but I suppose that that is better than sitting in class learning something new for an hour… so I wasn’t going to complain, well at least not to him, haha!

The aud students got lunch from Jimmy John’s today. It is like a Subway and the clinic provided it for us… a bribe to say good things, haha! And actually one of the third year students talked most of the hour. It was nice that she was so open to answering a lot of the questions. Also, many of the questions were geared towards the second and third years because they have more experience in the program than us newbies. We’ve only been in the program for five weeks now. And we’re still smiling so that is good, right?! Ha!

Ayden and I went ice skating on Sunday again. He was much better this time. Jay was being a dick about coming out on the ice with us, but I don’t really want to get into it because it left me in a pretty pissy mood Sunday. Ugh! Anyways, he did take some pictures for me and some video. Ayden and I are going ice skating this Sunday with Jay’s aunt in a different town. She said she really likes to ice skate and wanted to come with Ayden some time and since we are going ‘home’ this weekend I found an ice rink in that area we can go to. I’m excited!

Actually, minus this damn cold that I have, this week is going to be a good one. I’m having some friends over tomorrow for a spaghetti supper, Wednesday one of my afternoon classes is cancelled, Thursday is Grey’s Anatomy (I’m getting hooked on that again!), Friday is going to a hockey game with Ayden (Jay leaves for Kansas City Friday afternoon with JT to go to two Nascar races this weekend), Saturday (if the weather cooperates) is soccer in the morning, Day on the Farm early afternoon with my mom and sister, then corn maze, and Sunday late morning I am going to take some pictures of my best friend and her son and afternoon we are going ice skating and then possibly meeting up with my classmates that night to work on an assignment together. So it’s a full week!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: