Sunday, September 6, 2009

Girl Gossip

I got a letter in the mail the other day from one of my best friends stating that she was going to be all alone this weekend with nothing to do. Her son is with his dad this weekend and the guy that she is seeing is gone with is buddies. She isn’t the type of person who has a ton of friends to hang out with, but rather like me keeps a small close knit circle of friends.

Well it just so happens that I found myself alone this weekend with nothing to do either. It didn’t start out that way though. Originally I was supposed to go up north with my boys, but decided that I needed a calm weekend at home otherwise I’d probably go bonkers. Maybe not completely bonkers, but you know, just insane enough where they might admit me back to the mental ward. Ah, home… if only it were that easy. Okay, before I have everyone who doesn’t actually know me think that I was once in a mental ward… you should know enough about my sense of humor by now that I’m totally just kidding, haha! Or maybe that is just what I want you to think!

Anyways, back to my story…

So, both my friend and I are doing nothing for the weekend. What does that mean? Some totally called for girl time! We hadn’t seen each other in over a year so it was definitely time for it and in the past year we just recently started writing again on a regular basis. Yes, we both take the blame for being bad at keeping correspondence going. We are definitely great friends, but the kind of great friends that both would rather write then spend hours on the phone. We are both weird like that.

Since she lives nearer my home town I thought it would be better to meet like half way in the middle. It would save both of us from driving the whole way and then back to someone’s house. We decided on Appleton since it was pretty much in the middle, maybe a little closer for her, but fine with me and it has enough to do. I wanted to stop at Barnes and Noble anyways.

Total side note! I thought I was going to be all cool this year and print my own planner again like last spring, only I did and turns out I don’t like it. Then I went to Target to see if I could find a planner I liked (I’m pretty picky about that sort of thing) and found one I could live with. I got home and Jay says I should have picked up one for him as well. I then decide that I’d go out and look for one that I liked a little better and give Jay the one I originally bought. I then went to Staples, Walmart, and Shopko and found nothing that I liked. Not that they had a whole lot to choose from though. Walmart had some nice ones, but they started in January 2010… I need it for now! So I thought being in Appleton would give me the opportunity to stop at Barnes and Noble and check their selection and I found one that I think I am really going to like and for a really good price as well… since I saw some planners at Staples for $50 and there was NO way I was paying that much for a planner… no way EVER!

After that quick pit stop, we decided to go to lunch. Because you know, that was the whole purpose of the get together and since we were in Appleton… we went to… can you guess? It really isn’t that hard! HU HOT! It was between there and Fudruckers. My friend hadn’t been to either and was in the mood for Mongolian (no need to ask me twice) and so Hu Hot it was! And I think I may have found another addict, haha! She really enjoyed it! And me… do you even need to ask?!

Instead of sitting in the restaurant for hours chatting it up, we went for a walk down some side roads and then found a nice pavilion with picnic tables set up in to sit and talk. It was too nice out today to sit inside anyways. We chatted it up for over four hours and then called it a day. It was so great to just sit and chill and catch up! I miss being able to do that and vowed to not let us keep in touch as badly as we have been. We are too close for that. It was a great afternoon and I’m glad that I thought of it to get out of the house and have some fun, but not overwhelming whole weekend kind of fun, you know?

Yesterday I didn’t do a whole lot. I did some laundry, organized some of my school stuff some more, ran some errands that took almost two hours, cleaned the kitchen and our bedroom, and watched some movies on tv.

Jay and Ayden left yesterday morning had a great day up north. They got home tonight around 8pm and Ayden went to bed shortly there after. Jay got a call from his mom a little while ago and told me that they had been in an accident after he got off the phone. I would have been more scared, but I heard the end of the conversation he was having while on the phone and it was light hearted so I knew it wasn’t bad. They were driving home from up north as well (they have a longer drive than us) and ended up hitting a bear! A bear! Yes, you read that right… they hit a bear!

So I know there are bears in Wisconsin, my mom’s friend lives up north a ways and talks about seeing bears in her back yard quite frequently, but I just don’t really think about it. It’s like you know it’s true, but if you don’t have to actually deal with it, you don’t worry about it. That’d be one of the last things I would have worried about hitting. A deer maybe… bear… definitely not!

Thankfully (praise the lord!) it wasn’t bad! The bumper was pushed down and the passenger door dinged up, but no injuries and no other vehicles! They were driving the Tahoe, which for those of who don’t know, is a big SUV, so it could have been much worse. Much much worse since they ended up killing the bear and it looked to be about 250lbs! I’m hoping that his mom takes a picture of it so we can see. It definitely delayed their trip home by at least an hour, if not more!

Tomorrow will be another day of relaxation for the family. The weather looks like it will be nice so we will probably spend some time outside and then Tuesday it is back to the grind! Actually, I don’t have any classes on Tuesday, so work and meeting up with grad mentor… should be fun, haha!

I’m also planning a picnic supper for my ComD girls hopefully sometime this week, minus one since she is going to grad school in Ohio! We haven’t gotten together since mid summer and we need it! I miss them and it is always fun to get together with the kiddos! Time at the park for them, time for the parents to chit chat! Plus I really don’t want to lose contact with them because they are such great friends and helped me get through some rough times in school! We totally leaned on each other so much in the last two years! It was great to have classmates who understood pretty much exactly what you were going through!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: