Monday, September 7, 2009

Week Two of ‘The Grind’

It’s back to school tomorrow! Week two of kindergarten and grad school! Oh and week two for Jay as well! He is enjoying his classes as much as he can. He is SO ready to be done with school and is practically counting down the days until he is done. His graduation will be much more of a celebration compared to mine as he won’t be going back to school. I think I’ll let that ‘party’ up to his parents as I’m sure that they will have a big one. Who knows… it just seems like them since they had a big party for his 21st birthday as well. Well it doesn’t really matter either way.

I don’t have class tomorrow, but I’ll be going into work for a little while and then back to the clinic to meet with my grad student about how this year of clinic is going to go. I figured that we should probably meet up before clinic on Thursday to talk about how everything is going to go. That and I can work on my lab that is due on Friday and do some readings that I need to catch up on. I did actually do some reading today which was good.

The weather was so beautiful, but Ayden was a little party pooper and didn’t want to do anything so I went outside for a while and read some of what I needed to. I would have pushed harder to get outside and do some stuff, but he was outside pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday, so a relaxing day inside playing was fine with me. We did get outside for a little while to clean the garage and unpack Jay’s truck.

Soccer start on Saturday, if I haven’t already mentioned that. I had Ayden try on his soccer shoes today and of course they do not fit. I am not getting him new ones though. This season he can wear his regular tennis shoes. His practices/games are an hour long this season since he is no longer in the 4K category. And they start a lot earlier! Last season his games were at 10:30 or 11:30, this fall the majority of them start at 8:30, with a few 9:30 starts. He has nine or ten players on his team and only two of them are girls. I’m hoping for a strong team this fall since he kind of got saddled with a lot of young players last season. Not that I’m turning into this really competitive soccer mom, but Ayden is semi good and it would be nice if he had some players who could help him increase his playing abilities versus him being the best one on his team. And… well I’d really just like him to be on a team that can win at least ONE of their games. I don’t think they won ANY last spring.

Ayden is ready to ride the bus again tomorrow morning which is good too!

Hoping for another good week!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: