Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ice Skating!

We’ve had another great weekend here at our household. A weekend not filled with running around, but not a boring one spent at home the whole time either. I’m sad that tomorrow is already Monday and it is back to ‘the grind’. But that’s okay because it is not like I hate school… actually I like my classes and what not, despite all my complaining. What I don’t like is the fact that the left shift button on my keyboard isn’t working like it should be! Ugh, you have to press it in just the right spot and pretty hard to get it to work. And my computer is only a year old!

Anyways… Saturday morning was soccer and Ayden ended up playing on the wrong team. Totally MY fault though! I looked at the sheet before we left for soccer and it said field one. What I failed to notice was that it was a typo. The Y does have a board out each Saturday with the teams and what fields they play on, but I was the dumb mom who didn’t go confirm that her son was supposed to be where I sent him. And being that I didn’t go the first week and Jay wasn’t with me, I had no idea who his coach was or what kind of kids he had on his team.

So, I sent Ayden out to play with the ‘black’ team. After a little bit I heard the coach say that he looked new and she didn’t remember him from the previous week and asked his name and said she didn’t have an Ayden on her list, but that he could play with them for this week. At that point maybe I should have gotten up and found his correct team, but I figured since she said that he could play with them I’d just let him. He wasn’t upset about it and I didn’t want to make him upset. Well then Jay showed up and kindly let me know that he was playing with the wrong team. I told him that he could go get Ayden and move him, but I was just going to let him for this week. And play he did! His ‘surrogate’ team lost, but he played great. Next week we will make sure that he ends up back on his ‘regular’ team. It is kind of funny because his actual team plays the team he was on this week. Ah, oh well, haha!

After soccer we hit up the grocery store and we needed too BAD! We hadn’t done one of our ‘big’ shopping trips in over a month! We’ve just been getting the little things that we needed like milk, bread, etc… but we were out of A LOT and we ended up getting a lot. Our freezer before grocery shopping was pretty much empty and that NEVER happens! I mean we had like a package of hotdogs and some freeze pops and some meatballs… definitely not a lot!

So we did our grocery shopping and them came home. Most of the afternoon I spent inside relaxing. Isn’t that what weekends are for? Jay and Ayden spent some time outside doing some yard work that they had started on Friday night while I was gone getting my hair cut and colored. It was a pretty lax night, but overall good day.

Today was much of the same. Ayden got up too early, but that was okay. We made a mid morning run to Mendards to get a few patio bricks to help keep my swing from sinking into the ground when people sit on it. We didn’t get as many as we needed though because we brought my car and I didn’t know how well it would tolerate 600lbs of bricks… my car is a teeny tiny car! So Jay needs to pick up about five more bricks tomorrow. These are no tiny bricks either, they are 16 inches square and weight about 40lbs each… good thing they were cheap and on sale! We also got a wireless opener for the garage. One of those number keypad things so I don’t always have to keep the opener in my purse. It was a great price and makes things a lot more convenient!

And then later this afternoon we took Ayden ice skating for the first time! I figured since he was going to be starting hockey in a month that he should at least have a little ice time before hand. His hockey class is going to be more concentrated on learning how to skate versus the actual rules of the game, but it can’t hurt to have him a little bit acclimated with the ice ahead of time, can it? I didn’t think so!

It was quite an adventure, let me tell you! Jay was a scaredy cat and didn’t come skating with us. Apparently many failed attempts during childhood has led to him not liking the ice, hehe! Me… well I’ve only been ice skating ONE other time and that was once in high school with some friends. But I love to rollerblade and although they are not the same thing, it helps being able to do that. I have to say that by the end of the hour we spent there Ayden was doing rather well for his first time out. Of course he fell about a million and one times, but he kept getting back up! I only fell once… thanks to my lovely son, but we just got right back up and kept going!

I don’t think that he wants to go back, but I think we are going to continue going every weekend. I think it was fun and will get him used to the ice. Well maybe every weekend… this time I think the cashier gave us the wrong price. He charged us ONLY $5 for both the of us plus skate rentals. I checked the website prices and I’m pretty sure we were supposed to be charged $3 per person plus $3 per skate rental so $12 total. Think we lucked out there! We will see if they get it right next time or not. I wasn’t going to complain, haha!

Enjoy some pictures! They aren’t super quality because Jay was taking them through the glass and with my older camera (well its not older, just not my ‘new’ one) because I left the disk to my new one in my computer. That will teach me! Good thing I had both cameras in my bag!

It’s back to class tomorrow! Only two classes on Monday which is nice. Might get some clinic stuff done with Dustin, but I think that they have class a little longer.

Tuesday is Ayden’s dentist appointment. I’m not sure if I mentioned it already or not. I don’t think I’m sending him to school at all that day. What?! He’s only going to the dentist you say… well school for him starts at 9am and his appointment is at 11am. I know, stupid time to make it for but when I made it I didn’t think about that and well just thought it would be easier to keep it rather than change it. And to make it to the appointment on time we’d need to leave at 10:30, so is it worth it to get him up and ready for school just for an hour and a half and then pick him up. It is only kindergarten, he won’t be missing much. And since he is having some work done, I’m assuming the appointment is going to take at least an hour, if not longer. So we are talking 1pm already. Plus, with the work he’s having done, I’m pretty sure they are going to give him some sort of laughing gas and I don’t know how much pain or out of it he will be afterwards, thus don’t know if I should send him to school after it or not, especially if it is only for an hour and a half. I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

Also, my mom is going to visit a friend on Tuesday and has to drive through Point to get there so she is going to stop in on her way up and will be here right around 3:30 and since Ayden doesn’t get off the bus until 4pm, I might as well keep him home so he can see his grandma, right?! Hehe! I know he’d survive if he didn’t get to see her, but it’s been a few weeks so why not. And… my friends are thinking about getting together on Tuesday night for another picnic supper so we might have that going on. Just a busy busy Tuesday, eh? And to top it off… I might have to observe some clinic because I don’t know if we will have an eval on Thursday like I need for my presentation possibly on Monday, but hoping I can be the one that goes on Wednesday… who knows…

Okay, I think I’ve babbled enough… time to get some reading done for class, or at least attempt to get some reading done for class, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: