Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesdays are LONG!

I was up at 6:15am this morning… I HATE getting up before my clock starts with a 7… and this morning I had to get up 45 minutes BEFORE my clock started with a 7! Ugh! I am tired… I go to bed too late… I LOVE my sleep and don’t go to bed early enough now to get enough of my lovely sleep before I have to get up in the morning! I’m whining, I know, haha!

I have class from 8-8:50am, 9:00-10:15am, 10:20am-12:00pm, work from 12:00-2:30pm, and class from 2:30-4:30pm on Wednesdays. Ugh! It just really makes for a long day, not only for me, but for Ayden as well since both Jay and I have 8am class… he is at his school by 7:30am and since he works late and I have class until 4:30, he’s at school until almost 5pm! That makes for a LONG day for him too!

I have to say, that for my second Wednesday of the semester, it did go pretty well. We ran into only minor technical difficulties in the distance education classroom. That being the classroom where you learn over the TV, since the professor is in Madison teaching the class. For about a half hour in my Instrumentation class, we could see the professor’s power point, but could only hear him and not see him on the other screen… thus we were being taught by a blue screen, ha! It really makes it hard to pay attention when you are only listening to someone and cannot see them. We survived though!

Work was good today too… the usual!

We had our first Instrumentation lab this afternoon and that went well also! The professor for that class is on our campus and is really nice so she helped us through it, but didn’t spoon feed us the information. I think it was a good way to learn! It lasted almost until 4:30 which kind of sucked because two hour labs can get kind of long, but oh well.

Tomorrow is my first day of clinic and it should be pretty easy. They have something called UMOS. I guess there will be a bunch of little ones that need otoscopy, tymps, and OAEs done on them… at least 30 or so under the age of two. Should make my three hours go fast, or at least I’m hoping so. Because we have a clinic meeting at 8am, I’ll probably get to campus around 7:30 just to make sure my grad student doesn’t need any help setting up for clinic before our meeting. Then will have clinic from 9-noon, noon-1pm… probably quick clinic write-ups for the hearing aid checks we have before UMOS, meeting with supervisor at 1pm, which shouldn’t take more than a half hour I’m hoping, and then off to work for a little while before Ayden gets done with school.

Friday should be better since I only have lab from 9-11am and I’m hoping that it doesn’t last that long. After lab, then off to work for a bit and then hopefully home a little before Ayden gets done with school so I can take a quick nap. Nap, what is that?

I’m just cringing thinking what next semester is going to be like… the clinic director told me today that us three will be rotating to fill in five clinic spots… I’m hoping I miss heard hear and we will only need to fill in four clinic spots, but I don’t know. If it is five, that means two weeks of six hours of clinic per week, then one with only three hours, then two weeks of six hours per week… that is a LOT of work! Compared to the three per week that you are supposed to get. So each month we will end up with 21 hours of clinic versus just 12… that is almost doubled! Ugh, I can’t think about that right now!

Ayden and I went to the park last night and met up with one of my friends for a picnic supper… well the one that actually showed up. One of them didn’t know if she could and called me as I was leaving to let me know that her and her family had just gotten home and wouldn’t be able to make it which was okay, the other one who I thought was going to be the one that could make it for sure said that she would be there, but then never showed up and didn’t bother to email me or call or anything to say she wasn’t coming. I was a little bummed by that. But the final one did show up and we had a good time chatting while the kids played. Our supper was rather short since her daughter really didn’t want to eat and we were getting bombarded by bees, but the park and sand box were a lot of fun!

Here is Ayden becoming a little money and showing us his expert climbing skills! He was doing pretty good and got higher than he has in the past!

IMG_0915Here is my friend Kristi, her daughter Liliana (Lily), and new baby Leilani (Leila)… aren’t her little girls adorable! It was great catching up with her since we haven’t seen each other since the middle of summer!

IMG_0938 IMG_0940My little ‘model’ is showing me how I was supposed to pose in the picture he took of me only moments before. Should I be worried when my five year old son is taking my camera and telling me how he wants to take my picture? Is that supposed to be telling me that I can’t keep the camera out of his face for very long?! Ha! It was too cute!

IMG_0949

I’m ready for the week to be over… I’m ready for a fun filled weekend of sturgeon fishing, actually just to be out on the boat. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather! Keeps yours crossed too! But since we are having such beautiful weather these past couple of days… well what are the odds, ha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: