Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Rants

It's called should be working on my Instrumentation Lab, but sitting here at the computer blogging instead. Another long day on campus almost over with which is good. It would be over with already, had Dustin not decided to get sick this morning and not come in for clinic.

Because of that, I had clinic with just my supervisor and he did not go over the case history form like I expected him to so I am staying late to observe another eval and use that case history because I know the grad student who is doing it will go through it and then I can start my presentation project for either next Monday or Wednesday. Nothing like leaving it for the last minute to complete. Actually, it shouldn't be too bad...

(*Insert update here: I ended up staying late to watch that eval done by another grad student only to sit around waiting for twenty minutes to find out that it was cancelled at the last minute! I was pretty bummed because that leaves me with pretty much NOTHING to do my presentation on. I emailed my professor about it and she said that I could use the hearing aid checks that I observed or she would give me an extension to try and observe an eval, since it is evident that I’ve tried to observe some, but I’ve definitely lucked out! I’ve decided that I am going to try and use the hearing aid checks that I’ve seen  because I don’t think its fair that I should get an extension even though I know that my two classmates would have no problem with it because they are great like that.)

Last night we went out as a family to the Charcoal Grill for supper for Jay and my's anniversary. That and I really didn't want to cook. It was our first time eating out there and it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular in my opinion, but definitely worth the money and it just so happened that last night was kids eat free night so we got Ayden's meal for FREE! I like that! He got a corn dog and french fries, Jay got his own little pizza, and I got a panini which was really good... and lots of food! I ended up bringing home half of my panini, most of my fries, most of Ayden's fries, and one piece of Jay's pizza. So it's leftovers night tonight... one more night that I don't have to cook. And because Jay is hopefully going to be finishing the patio portion under my swing in the backyard he will not be wanting to make supper either. Thus... easier for both of us, haha! Me likey!

So... clinic today was interesting. I think I had clinic one other time with a supervisor without a grad student mentor and that was last semester and with a different supervisor. Today I did a lot of watching which was good, but I also was able to use the audiometer and do some air and bone conduction thresholds which was even better because had Dustin been here I wouldn't have been able to do that since our supervisor would have wanted to see him do it. So I got some clinic hours in which is good. I've been feeling kind of jipped in a way when it comes to clinic. I mean I have had clinic for the past three weeks and it has been busy the whole time, but the first two weeks were UMOS screenings and I didn't really have to do anything except hold kids and the other first years had to be there as well. The other first years also have a clinic day and they've actually had evals already to do where as I've only really had hearing aid checks and you don't have to do a lot of writing for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it being kind of easy right now, but I also feel like I should be doing some more work as well. Like I will really be in for it when the real work starts getting piled on. I know I shouldn't be complaining about not having enough work, but I do want this grad experience to be everything that it can be, you know?!

Guess what I did?! I bought a new lens for my camera! Actually, there were two that I wanted. I can't remember if I wrote about this already or not. One was VERY reasonably priced (50mm f1.8) and another one was a little more expensive, save worthy (55mm-250mm). Both are not super expensive, however I can’t feasibly buy the more expensive one at this point in time. It just wouldn’t feel right. So… I bought the other one. I can’t wait to get it! I’ve been pulled into the world of photography and it is SO not good! I’ve found a great website with an awesome forum that I can’t stay away from! The people and posts are so great! I love seeing examples of other people’s photos and it is so inspiring! I can’t imagine ever being that good, nor am I trying to ‘perfect’ anything at this time. I pretty much take pictures for the sake of taking them. I’ve always been big into taking pictures, even before digital cameras! And it just so amazing what people can do!

Grey’s is about to start… two hour season premier tonight!!! Love it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: