Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grad School GPA

IS A 4.0 (so far)!!! I’ve NEVER gotten a 4.0 GPA in ANY semester of college as an undergraduate, NEVER all A’s (because A-‘s do not count for 4.0) and well that screws up everything. So, getting a 4.0 my very first semester of grad school is very awesome, in my not so humble opinion because really I am excited about it. I had three classes, two labs, and one clinical practicum slot, and I managed to get all A’s in them! We need to get a B or better in the class for it to be considered passing so I think I did pretty well.

We are allowed to retake one class in the program if we get a grade under a B, if we get two under a B, then we will be dropped from the program. Quite nerve wracking I would say, but so far, we’ve had teachers who want us to do well and will allow us to retake/rewrite assignments/tests that are under a B in order to achieve the B grade. And I know that some of the other professors will allow it as well according to the second and third year students.

Next semester, we will have two second year students in our ABR I class because they ‘failed’ it when they took it. One of them ‘failed’ by one POINT… not by one percentage, but one POINT! I would have been super upset if that was me and I know that that particular student is/was. According to the second years, that particular professor is HORRID! Super super hard tests! Thank goodness that that professor is going on sabbatical this coming semester and we will have someone different. However nice that is, unfortunately, we will have her next fall for ABR II and will not know how she tests until then and hopefully we will learn enough from the professor we will have for ABR I this spring to help us make it through the class.

Really, I’m not worried (at this point) because the second years all had to rewrite their hearing assessment exams their first year and us three first years didn’t have to do any. So either, the professor really made the exams that much easier (which I doubt) or we just learn a little better. So, hopefully I’m being positive for a good reason, right?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: