Thursday, December 17, 2009

MAJOR Vent, Minor Gripe

MAJOR VENT: It's AGAINST the law to NOT wear your seat belt... and SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES!!! So, why on God's green earth does my fiancé CONSTANTLY NOT WEAR HIS!!! IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!! Especially since his brother died in a car accident and wasn't wearing his seat belt!!! (*Side note, not saying his death could have been prevented even if he was wearing his seat belt as I don't know every specific of the accident) However, shouldn't that be enough to MAKE YOU WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!!! And what makes it worse is, well two things, he's a bad influence to our son, and he puts up such a big hissy fit when I tell him to put it on! Seriously, I put my seatbelt on even before I start the car, its just that simple! ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!

Part of me just wants to scream at him that his brother DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT! WEAR YOUR DAMN SEAT BELT! But I don't want to be THAT mean about it. And I don't want to make him feel bad about bringing his brother up. My next recourse is to go to his mom and tell her to tell him to wear it because I know she will be upset by it, however, I don't think it would change anything other than making her upset knowing that he doesn't wear it and worrying her. You know?

Oh, and then when I tell Jay to put it on and we get into the same argument about why he should, he always goes into, well they can kill you if your in an accident too. What about them getting stuck and your car is on fire and then it explodes and you can't get out and die. WELL HELLO! If your car is on fire, you probably hit something hard enough that if you weren't wearing your seat belt you would have been thrown out the windshield or hit your head hard enough on something you'd be unconscious, so in that effect, the seat did save your life. UGH! It just bugs me like none other when he doesn't wear it, which is about 95% of the time and ALMOST ALWAYS when I'm not in the truck with him. When I am in the vehicle with him and notice it, I do say something and he puts it on. I just wish it was habit for him as well! I admit, that before my mom's accident all those years ago, my dad was never stringent on us wearing our seat belts when we were with him (my mom always has been), however after that, I ALWAYS wore it ALL the time and whether or not it was my mom's accident that caused my dad to start wearing his or not (since they were already divorced how many years when it happened), my dad now always wears his as well!

UGH! What is a girl to do?!

(UPDATE: Jay wore his seat belt on the way to the store this afternoon without me having to say anything. Maybe I’m getting through to him… or maybe not since he didn’t wear it on the way home from the store, ugh again!)

MINOR GRIPE: So during Thanksgiving, my sister, cousin, mom, grandma, and two aunts were discussing what Christmas Eve supper was going to be and my mom's husband brought up the idea that we shouldn't have a sit down supper, but maybe something more like make your own subs, soup, and other appetizers, like meatballs, little smokies, etc... We all thought it sounded like a good idea. I mean, we have pretty much the SAME thing every year anyways, and this way it wouldn't be uber crowded come time to eat like usual, the family isn't getting any smaller. And if someone wasn't hungry at that time, then that's fine too. Graze all night long if you wanted. Doesn't that sound good? Anyways, apparently (I say apparently because I don't know for certain) one of the aunts that was no longer present did not 'like' that idea and we are back to the SAME OLD BORING Christmas supper. (At least I'll still get 'my soup' at my mom's house and Jim's parent's house). Ugh! Next thing I know, we'll be doing ALL the pictures we usually do after deciding upon not needing to do half the ones that we do every year because they are always the same. I like the family ones and the ones with our great grandma, but all the of the god parent ones... really?! And I think we didn't do the stairs one last year either, however that one is cute looking back at seeing us all grow on the stairs, hehe!

And another minor gripe going along with Christmas Eve at that grandparent's house... my grandma sent out a list of what she would like everyone to bring for food. All fine and dandy, because well its not like we should expect her to make it all. I mean, I ask people to bring stuff for Ayden's birthday parties. What I do have a little gripe with is what she asked me to bring... cookies! Maybe she thought they would be easy, buy them from the store and actually I am tempted to do that. I am NOT Betty Crocker and actually don't really like making cookies. Its the constant checking on them and putting more and more trays into the oven that I don't like. Like I have time to make cookies on or before Christmas Eve? I do have time, but it would be Monday or Tuesday of next week and then the cookies would be 'old' when I brought them and not fresh. But what bugs me a little more is that my sister doesn't have to bring anything. I've had to bring something to some family function or another for at least three years now... my sister and I are three years apart in age, um... so shouldn't she have to bring something? Should it really matter that I have a significant other and a child? Is that the going rate to get 'sucked into' bringing food to family functions because in that case... my brother and his girlfriend have been dating for over two years already... um... what about him? Like I know it shouldn't bother me, it's only cookies and that's besides the point. Its the principle of the whole thing, you know? And, like I said, its only a minor gripe... oh well I suppose. Enough of that, I’m over it, just needed to get it out!

At least we finished our Christmas shopping today, that’s a plus, right?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

2 comments:

agk11808 said...

lol love the whole post, i know you were venting, but it was a good post.
with the christmas thing i understand having to bring something. i think it is once you get engaged! i never had to bring anything until grant and i got engaged. just another perk of being engaged :)

amanda said...

alright you'll get my comments to. i am totally majorly griping about the whole christmas eve thing. i HATE that miss j got her way. i think it's totally lame. annnd am tempted to email grandma and asked what happened to the great other idea. and to know if we're having anything else to eat. because my kids will not eat tator tot casserole, nor will i because i'm sure it will have green beans in it. and the smell of green beans makes me gag. and and and and...it's so lame. and i'm not afraid to throw a stink about pictures. i don't want my kids up til all hours of the night to take some darn pictures NO ONE *well okay may some do* print anyways. annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they have to be up early the next day for grma hoerths. and i don't need crabby kids for there...because unlike OUR family THEIR family actually takes quite a bit of interest in our kids and wants to chat with them. over this past year i think i've become a bit more 'voiceterous' (even though i can't spell it) and am not afraid to do it there. plus i know you'll have my back. do these people (well probaby just a few) NOT remember what it was like to have little kids? or maybe they were like they are now and just don't care about their kids and just themseleves getten bombed. whew. wow. THAT was longer than i anticipated!! but i know you feel the same way. and i think you have to bring something because you have a kid. did you see what my mom has to bring? veggie and a cheese and sausage tray. that is soooo expensive. where everyone else had way easy things to bring and do. i'm irritated at that. i think gma just doesn't like her or something. ugh. it's so lame.

and about the seatbelt thing. it would frustrate me too. and it would frustrate me too because technically jay is also right. my dad uses the same excuse and never wears his.

we wear ours. but i also rest in the fact that all our days our numbered and seat belt or not...it will happen. i know it seems like a 'morbid' or maybe even 'cruel' way to look at it, but it's biblically true.

sorry for venting and griping!! yikes!! this will probably win a contest for longest comment ever!! lol.