Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Wonderfulness!

I (we) did it! We found what we wanted to get Ayden for Christmas! And spent only a little more than we (I) had originally planned! Yesterday, I needed to go to Walmart for a few things and asked Jay if he wanted to come with me and he decided why not, not like he should have stayed home and worked on some studying or anything. I thought that maybe we could look around a little bit to see if there was anything we might like to get Ayden. We perused for a little while not really coming up with anything and getting increasingly frustrated because I was really wondering what we were going to get our little guy when Jay happened upon something pretty cool (and cheap) and that took us off! We got Ayden done. Can I get a... OH YEAH?!?! I was so happy!

I was also able to get a few other things. I keep thinking up people that I can get gifts for... I really need to stop! But I think I have everyone 'accounted' for. Jay came up with some ideas for the last few people we need to get gifts for and I will take care of one of those people either today or tomorrow. He is in charge of the last two... man things needed... you know, like hunting or tools, stuff apparently I am not that knowledgeable out. And who am I kidding, I'm not! I almost smashed my finger off this weekend trying to hammer my necklace holder together. Oh well, that's what Jay is for! Speaking of that, I really should have him check my oil level because I think I am due for a change by now. Not too far overdue, but who knows?

Study session with the class at 10:25 today... probably won't go until noon like the class is scheduled for, however who knows since we haven't actually had class in like three weeks (well at least with the professor). No one went the day before Thanksgiving, except Katie and Amy, then we had a guest speaker, and then there was the snow storm last week. So maybe everyone will have lots of questions. Hopefully it is helpful. And then it is study time with Katie and Amy until 2pm when our test is. I studied a little bit last night, but knew that I would get the most out of studying with Katie and Amy after class today... and really, in my eyes, two hours of studying for a 50 question multiple choice test is PLENTY of time! Wish me luck!

So, instead of studying last night, I spent my time (after Ayden went to bed) reading a book on my Kindle. Ah, I LOVE IT! It's so light and easy to hold on to and it definitely reads like a book. The ink on the screen looks just like it does on a paper and not like it would on a computer screen. After reading off of a computer for too long my eyes start to go buggy and I was worried about this, but they use something called electronic ink and it reads so much easier than a computer. I'd say so far the only down fall that I can see is that you have to 'turn' the page a lot. The screen is about the same size as your average paperback book, so lots of 'page turning' which involves just pressing a button. It really isn't a downfall, but if I had to pick one, that'd be it. Oh and the fact that you have to buy the books, where as at the library they are free, lol. However, the one I am reading now I was able to download for free which was really nice. It's a James Patterson too. Not his typical kind, but good none the less and his books always read fast because they have such short chapters!

The only part about Christmas that I dislike... the wrapping, the wrapping of the non box like gifts. I am not a good wrapper, even with the ones that are in boxes, I SUCK! Lol and so I try to make Jay take over in that department because he is really picky about the way his wrapping turns out. Really, it just gets ripped off in the end anyways so what is the big deal. I think I am going to have Ayden wrap the gifts that he 'bought' for people because I know that he really likes to do that and its not the appearance that means anything, its what inside, and really it isn't even that because that is not what Christmas is even about. But, I do like giving gifts so that also helps. Its not so much the getting that I care about, I like to give!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: