Monday, December 14, 2009

One and a half…

…more days… until I can say I am D.O.N.E. I was supposed to be able to say it today after I was done with my morning exam, however… that damn snow storm we had last week pushed my second exam back until Wednesday at 2pm. Ugh! And I really need to be studying some more for that stupid exam that will take place at 2pm on Wednesday after a hopefully good review session at 10:25 and then two hours of studying from noon-2pm before the exam. I will get the most out of my studying during that time because it will be with my friends and I can study for stuff that I don’t want to better when people are asking me questions. And plus, despite the fact that I should be studying some tonight, I have practically all day tomorrow to get some studying done as well!

My weekend home alone with Ayden was marvelous! It actually couldn’t have gone better! Jay was gone hunting with his boyfriend… they really needed some quality time together, haha! Ayden and I did some major grocery shopping on Friday night. I actually cooked some halfway decent meals this weekend believe it or not, lol! I have been in such a rut lately with cooking that I needed to get out and get some stuff where I could feel like I was making some sort of substantial meal for us to eat.

On Saturday, I read a lot because I really wanted to finish my book, but in between reading, Ayden and I got another Christmas gift knocked off of my list, made two different kind of cookies (seriously, just take them out of the wrapper and put them in the oven kind, I’m so not Betty Crocker), played out in the snow, and had rest time on a big bed of blankets we made in the living room. It was a good day and the weather was nice for playing outside as well so that made it all the more better.

Oh, we also made a necklace hanger for my necklaces. My jewelry box was overflowing with them and instead of just getting a bigger one like I thought I might do, I decided to hunt around the house to see if we had some materials to make something for my necklaces and in fact we did. We had just the right size piece of scrap wood in the garage… pounded some nails in it, Ayden painted it, and then I hung it on the wall in the closet. Works pretty darn nice if I don’t say so myself and I only smashed on finger while using the hammer. It didn’t bruise or anything, but definitely hurt for the remainder of the day Saturday. I also stayed up until 10pm Saturday night to finish my book… my first 1000 page book… completed! Yeah me! It was good, but kind of stupid ending I think, I don’t know.

I needed/wanted to finish my book Saturday night so I would have all of Sunday to study for my final that I had this morning and Ayden was such a GREAT boy on Sunday and let me get some studying time in. He played so well by himself when I told him that I needed some quiet time to study. I couldn’t have asked for a more well behaved child. I will take it while I can get it because I was expecting to be begging Jay to get home Sunday night, but I wasn’t. And to make things better, Ayden is being great tonight as well! I don’t mean to make it sound like he is the child who never listens etc etc etc, but like every child, he has his moments. Some days are better than others, but it has been a while before he’s had to solid great days where he’s been super well behaved.

My final today went well. It took me two hours to complete it… ALL WRITING! It was long! There were really only two parts that I wondered a little a bit about. I think I was over thinking things by the end of the exam and might have gotten them wrong, but the exam was worth 111 points and even if I got both of those questions wrong, I would still get a 101/111 on the test which is a 91% and factoring in that I got a 100% on both the previous tests… it would give me a 97% in the class. I would really like to have gotten a 100% on the final as well, but I’m pretty sure that that isn’t going to happen. I need to get a 85% (possibly 83%) or better to pass the class since you are not allowed to get anything lower than a B grade in any class. To get an 84% in the class, the lowest I can get on the final is 60/111 points and I KNOW I did better than that.

For my final on Wednesday, it is 50 questions long and I can get 35/50 points and still pass the class since I got a 99% on the first test. At least I hope I am figuring these totals out right. Neither class has the grades weighted in a certain way so I think I am. In any case, I would hope that I can get more than 35 points on the test… 40 would be my lowest hope which is 5 questions wrong and seeing I did WAY better on the first one than I thought, I’m thinking this second one shouldn’t be too hard.

Off to start another book… is that smart before my final on Wednesday?! Lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: