Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mommies Night

I got together with two of my mommy friends last night and their kiddos! Kristi has an almost four year old daughter and a one year old daughter and Leah has a four year old son and is expecting twins girls this summer. We had a great time! I love getting together with the girls! We were missing Robin, who has an eight year old son. I've probably already mentioned all of them. We miss Robin because it seems like she is always missing out at the last minute! We decided that the only way we can make sure she shows is if we commandere her house! Hehe!

Anyways, we met up at a local park/beach. I took some pictures of Leah's son for her and the kids played in the sand and water. They got soaked, but it was SO nice out and the water not extremely cold that we didn't care. We were going to my place afterwards and Ayden had dry clothes there, Leah had dry clothes for Seth in her car, and Lily, Kristi's little girl didn't get too wet. Kristi's youngest wasn't feeling very well, so she stayed home with daddy.

After the kids got nice and soaked at the beach, we headed back to my place for some food! Jay grilled out some brats for us! Yummy! The kids played so great together! I loved watching them all interact, especially since Ayden is almost two years older than both of them, it was still great! Of course they were all really wild by the end of the night and no one wanted to go home, but it was definitely a fun couple of hours. All of our get togethers are and I always leave feeling great!

You see, I'm a very shy person and making friends is difficult for me, so when we first moved to Point and I started taking classes on campus (mostly gen eds), I didn't really have any friends here. I didn't have the same people in my classes, until I really got into my communicative disorders class. It was in those classes that I realized there were other students who were moms too and it was like we instantly bonded. Our kids brought us together! We knew what the other was going through and it was really great! I loved it and I love my friends. Of course having more than just one class together helped too. I will say that I did make a few aquaintances in some of my other classes, but no one that I continue to talk to. You know the type... the ones you chat it up with here and there in class, but not on a regular basis and definitely not outside of class.

However, Point definitely feels more like home than it ever did. I have a group of friends here that I don't have back 'home' and I love it. It just feels good... I don't know how else to explain it. I don't mind going back 'home' by my parent's house or Jay's for weekends and holidays, but that doesn't feel like home to me anymore. Probably because I no longer have a bedroom at either house, which means, when we do go 'home' for a weekend we are staying at Jay's parent's house, which isn't the house(s) I grew up in. The more time that passes, the more I feel like a guest when we go 'home' and really that is what we are. Its not a bad feeling, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I enjoy driving back into Point after a weekend away and feeling like 'yes we are home again' and everthing is the way that it is supposed to be. I didn't think I would ever feel like that when we moved up here almost five years ago, but it does now and I really enjoy that feeling. Driving into town and knowing where almost everything is, but its not so small that everyone knows you. I can go to Walmart, buy whatever I want, and check out without running into anyone I know and having them wonder why I'm buying such and such. Because as much as we'd like to believe that people don't do that, they do... unfortunately, whether they voice those thoughts or not. At heart, I'm a middle sized town person, lol! Not small town or country, but not a big city girl either... give me a middle size town and I'll be happy!

My friends and I definitely will be getting together sometime soon! I think the next time we'll hi-jack Leah's or Robin's houses because Leah always has to drive the farthest and Robin never shows. Whichever it is, we'll have fun because we always do! We're already planning a mommy getaway for next summer... hitting up some waterparks is on our agenda! Maybe Noah's Ark in the Dells... maybe getting a hotel room and hitting up the waterpark one day and some shopping the next, that'd be great fun! Who knows?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: