Monday, July 6, 2009

Long Weekend

We had a great super awesome long weekend! Jay ended up having most of Friday off which was really nice. He had to go in for just a few hours to water some grass and that was it, which left the majority of the day for us to do whatever.

Of the three day weekend we had, I’d have to say that Friday was probably the lazy day of the weekend. I did two loads of laundry (about the norm these days… two loads per week with the bigger washer and dryer) and hung them out to dry. It takes longer to hang the clothes out, but it also saves on energy!!! And me, I’m all about saving energy, lol, well at least when I can!

I also was able to con the boys into letting me take some family pictures earlier in the day. I got some good ones to say the least. They aren’t professional, but they will do for me, besides… they were free! I haven’t finished editing them yet, but when I do, I will be sure to post some. I talk like I am some professional picture editor or whatever. Me and my amateur photoshop elements skills… hey, I can try, can’t I? And besides, it is really addicting!

Saturday and Sunday were both long days, well more so long nights, but you know what I mean. The mornings were spent lounging around the house. Wait, I take that back, we were actually out of the house by 11am on Saturday. We were going to to go Walmart to pick up a few things and got about halfway there when we decided that if we were going to go to the city parade that we should turn around and go. A quick stop at home for some chairs and downtown we went! The parade was short, NOTHING compared to my hometown Father’s Day parade, but it was nice. Ayden got some candy and it gave us something to do for a little while. We went to the city festival (Riverfront Rendezvous) after the parade and got some food from the food tent and had a picnic lunch. It was yummy and because we didn’t have to pay to get into the festival, we didn’t feel bad about spending our money on some food. And the food was really reasonably priced so it wasn’t all THAT bad.

After the parade and lunch we got our stuff at Walmart and went home for a couple of hours before heading back to the festival around 5ish. We wanted to go to the concert at 9:30 and wanted to get good seats, lol! Okay, that and well we felt like since the weather was so good and it was the weekend, we should at least be spending it outside! We packed some blankets, toys, stuff to keep us busy and headed off to Riverfront once again. We listened to three different bands Saturday night and it was a great time! Ayden rocked it out! He was such a GREAT little boy the whole night long! I was so proud of him! He was also at his first country concert as well.

A late night lead to a later wake up call, which was fine… most of the day Sunday was spent around the house doing some cleaning and what not. We were waiting for Jay’s parents to get here because they were going to come to the fireworks with us. It was another longish night for Ayden, but once again he was SO well behaved! I couldn’t believe that I got that two nights in a row! The fireworks were pretty good, definitely enjoyed the finale more than anything and we had pretty decent seats. Getting home was the hard part. We had a really good parking spot, but we didn’t expect the road that we parked by to be closed when we got back to our vehicle. The police or rent a cops or whatever who were directing traffic just didn’t know what they were doing and thus caused everything to take a LOT longer than it should have. Thankfully, Ayden fell asleep and Jay and I just waited patiently until everything pretty much cleared out and we could leave.

Overall, it was a really good weekend. Relaxing to stay home and the weather was beautiful!!!

Tomorrow I am meeting up with my girl friends again… this time at the beach downtown. Ayden and I went there today and had fun. We are having another picnic and then letting the kids swim! I’m excited for Ayden to have someone to play with tomorrow because although he had fun today, I know he likes to play with kids his own age better. I try to be a fun play mate, lol! It will be good to catch up with my friends again though!

And then it’s off to Sugarland on Wednesday! This week is just going to fly by me! It’s already 9pm and I have so much that I want to do. Well only really because I thought of a cool idea for Ayden’s birthday this year. I have a lot of his first two years regular scrapbooked and made a powerpoint slide show of digital scrapbook pages last year (when I first got photoshop elements), but this year I want to make some digital scrapbook pages with some of the free kits that I’ve downloaded and then get the book printed. That way I will have an actual book of the pages and them not just sitting on my computer. I’d love to do some actual scrapbooking as well, but I’m not really that motivated right now when I can do it on my computer and be creative that way, lol. Anyways, I’m excited to make my creation and get it printed and have it be out for his birthday party.

So, I’m off to the world of photoshop for a while!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: