Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zibbo Time!!!

On Friday, Ayden and I were invited to join my aunt and uncle, their two kids, and my dad and sisters at a cabin my aunt and uncle were vacationing at this past week. The cabin was only about a half hour away from Stevens Point so I thought that since we didn’t have anything better to do, we would go visit them for the day on Friday. I had no intention of staying any later that probably after supper on Friday, but that got thrown out of the window.

Friday morning Ayden and I ran to Walmart to get a few things before we left for the cabin. I had wanted to be out of the house and on our way by 10am and we hit that right on the mark. It just started raining as we were leaving, but not too heavy so I didn’t care. I had no idea where I was going, but I had Jay’s GPS and was armed with directions from Yahoo Maps… I knew they were both landed me up on the same spot, so during the drive I followed the GPS and we got there precisely a half hour after leaving. The drive was easy enough and were greeted by my dad and sisters…

For a while we sat and relaxed in the gazebo, which was appropriately renamed the ‘zibbo’! This was was hopping gazebo with the most comfortable chairs! We lounged in there with my aunt and uncle and cousins while Ayden and Alexis played trying to devise the ‘plan of attack’ for the rest of the day!

We decided that we would try this place for their Friday fish fry and then we were going to go try this new beach that my aunt and uncle had heard of. The fish fry was yummy and Ayden ate so good. He was kind of loud while we were waiting for our food to arrive, but that is just usually him for you. My loud child who doesn’t know how to use an inside voice when asked. We had quite a few talks over the course of the past two days, but overall he was very well behaved.

The beach that we went to was AWESOME!!! I wish that I had known about this place sooner! It has this shallow swimming area and then a deeper swimming area and the seaweed is SO minimal which is good because I really don’t seaweed AT ALL!!! The have two water slides in the shallow area for the younger kids and then a diving board and water slide in the deeper area. Both Ayden and Alexis were able to touch by the deeper water slide in the shallow area and it was awesome to watch them come down that slide and fly off! They were having SO much fun and then they built some sand castles!

I took lots of pictures with my sisters camera because we rushed out of the house so fast Friday morning that I forgot my camera, among a few other things. Anyways, my sister had her camera and so I commandeered it and took lots of pictures both Friday and Saturday.

After we got back from swimming we had a small supper (since it was around that time) and dipped our feet in the hot tub. Ayden and Alexis were a little eager with the hot tub and ended up getting their clothes pretty wet so we just took them off and let them go all the way in with just their underwear on. They had lots of fun, not to mention the trampoline jumping!

That night, my aunt, cousin, and sister went to see a community play in Waupaca… it was Beauty and the Beast and it was really good for a community production. We got home and the kids were sleeping already. It wasn’t long before the rest of us headed to bed as well (well after some ice cream of course)!!!

I slept like crap Friday night, but that was okay. It wasn’t a super early morning, but needless to say… my bed felt really good last night!

Anyways, Saturday morning held more gazebo time, (Jay joined us Saturday as well) some riding on the four wheelers, and then a paddle boat ride that I was about dying after. Word of advice, don’t try to outrun a motor boat with a paddle boat no matter how slow you think the motor boat is going… not when your dad is on the motor boat and cheats by using an oar as well! It was fun though! The only downside was the fact that we had to climb up 87 steps to get back to the house (yes… down 87 steps to the lake and back up those same 87 steps to the house)!

By the time we got off the paddle boat, my aunt’s brother and nephew had arrived and another uncle and aunt and their kids had shown up as well! It was beginning to look a lot like a party! More four wheeler rides ensued, more jumping on the trampoline, grilling out for lunch, and then a swim in the lake after lunch! We ended up taking the paddle boat out towards the middle of the lake to escape the seaweed which meant we all had life jackets on or some sort of floatation device… It was lots of fun, but then Ayden and I got pretty cold so we went to to hit up the hot tub!

Ayden was able to get back up onto the paddle boat with my help, but I ended up swimming to shore… through the icky seaweed (ugh, I hate sea weed)! We sat in the hot tub for a while before the others joined us and had fun! The rest of the afternoon was lazy time and then my dad took us out for pizza for supper. It was pretty good and both Ayden and Alexis were still pretty well behaved.

We got rained on a couple of times… one being when a bunch of us were down the long driveway at the trampoline. It sort of sprung up on us and we didn’t think it was going to dump on us so we stayed during the sprinkles and then it started to get heavier… we rushed to load up six kids, one baby, and four adults onto a six seater and four wheeler! We zoomed up the driveway while getting poured on and rushed into the house! Ah, the joys of unpredictable summer showers! But over the course of the weekend we didn’t get as much as we could have so I was happy for that!

My sister, cousin, and I hit up the hot tub one more time before leaving Saturday night. We sat in the hot tub while getting rained on… it was nice! And then we made it home by about 10:30pm and headed straight to bed for a wonderful night sleep!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: