Thursday, July 2, 2009

Insert Title (of your choice) Here

Written yesterday… posted today because the video at the end wasn’t loading last night and I just said oh well and went to bed…

It has been a pretty lazy week thus far. The weather is cooler, which makes wanting to go outside and do anything not really on the top of my priority list... that and I've just been tired in the afternoon. Both yesterday and Monday I ended up taking a short nap in the afternoon while Ayden has been playing with his legos. He was super great yesterday afternoon, but then got a little attitude towards bed time.

Ayden has been playing the basement a lot more often by himself lately which is what I am liking. I want him to feel comfortable in any room of the house by himself and that is what is starting to happen. I am really liking this 'stage' that he is in. He still loves his mommy and daddy (well most of the time), but he is old enough to comprehend a lot more, I can trust him playing alone while I am cleaning, working outside, etc... Obviously, I still check on him to see how he is and what he is getting into, but for the most part, he knows what he can and cannot do. Being the semi overprotective mother that I am, I probably check on him more often that someone else would, but that’s okay.

We went and fed the ducks today… twice! Both times we had them eating out of our hands! These ducks were wanting some bread and bad! They were so excited to get some food that they were literally running over our shoes, they were THAT close! It was a lot of fun and we went through the bread in the blink of an eye.

We also made a quick trip to Walmart where I found some shirts for Ayden on sale for $3. I had probably 7 or 8 shirts in the cart that I wanted to get for him since they were all super cute, but told myself that I could get four. Ayden helped pick out of the four that he liked best, and actually one was two shirts, so I got 5 shirts for $12. Not too bad! I’m planning on taking some family pictures this weekend and he needed a shirt that matched the ones that Jay and I are wearing and I found two/three possibilities. I’m happy about that and even happier about the price tags. We haven’t had any family pictures taken since about Christmas time and I love setting up the tripod and getting some good ones and Jay isn’t even trying his hardest to get out of them like usual, lol! So yeah!

Oh, and I got the okay from my boss to take off for our Minnesota trip and Jay did as well… so it time to book a hotel! I found a Days Inn that is right across the road from the Mall of America in which we can get rooms for about $55/night, however the hotel only has mediocre reviews. I don’t need a five star hotel, nor do I want to pay for one, but I do want a clean room to sleep in. I figure we will most likely only be in the hotel to sleep so it will probably do. Just need to discuss it with Jay. Once we get the rooms booked, it will seem more real!

I finished my first book for the summer… It was called Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell. I love her books and have read a lot of them! Well mostly because my mom and I (since we share our books) have most of them.

I’ll leave you with a short video of Ayden feeding the ducks this afternoon, the very end is the best part! Like I said, they were some hungry ducks! Enjoy! 

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: