Friday, October 2, 2009

Thursday and Friday

(Thursday) The week is just flying by... and you won't see me standing around complaining! As good as yesterday was, today was quite the opposite. Okay, maybe not quite that dramatic. Actually today was a relatively good day and it did go fast for it being a clinic day and all... you know when things tend to go slower than you'd like. In any case, it was a full day of moving around and doing stuff and not having enough time in the day to do what I'd like to do, or maybe not enough time that before Ayden gets done with school. Ha, before I was complaining that I didn't know what to do while Ayden was in school because I had so much free time and now I'm saying that I don't have enough time. Actually, Thursdays are probably the only days that I don't have enough time, or don't feel like I have enough time, not with all the report writing and having to get together with my second year mentor and fitting that in. It doesn't seem like enough time. Or maybe it was just today and the fact that we had three reports to write and I haven't written one before and I don't know when they need to be completed by and our meeting ran long and all sorts of other stuff...

And then as much as I wanted to just not go to work because I was working on reports and could have stayed in the clinic for probably another hour doing that and what with possible hearing aid duty and so on and so forth... I like work so much and appreciated everyone there that I felt obligated to go and make sure that there wasn't anything that needed to be completed even though a quick email to my bosses would have sufficed and they wouldn't necessarily have cared. They always hype that my education and family come first and as long as I let them know what is going on they are okay with that. But, although it would have just been easier to stay on campus and hit out those reports, I took off from there and went to work for a little while and did get some stuff done that needed to be completed... even if it wasn't super important.

As I writing this... later this afternoon my friend, Kristi, and I are going to go to the Y for our first workout session. Then Ayden and I will come home and eat supper and play for a little while and then quite possibly venture back to the Y for swimming. I might be able to convince him to stay home tonight from the pool (not quite sure if I will want to go back or not) by saying we can go tomorrow night, but who knows. He remembers quite a bit of stuff that I tell him.

I got new tires on my car today! And apparently it was about time! Jay and I have both known that my car needed new tires, before winter FOR SURE, but we hadn't decided when or if they needed it THAT bad. Jay obviously knows more about that stuff than I do and I pretty much just took his word for it. The last time my car got new tires was over four years ago when I was still living at home with my mom... possibly closer to five years ago. So yeah, they needed to be changed. It wasn't until a week or so ago when I was taking Ayden to the dentist and it had rained out pretty good that I realized just how bad they needed it. I was at a stop light going up hill and when the light turned green, I stepped on the gas to go. Well you know, not step on it in the sense that I wanted to go fast, but just how anyone else would. And I didn't go... the wheels started to spin and couldn't get any traction. Thankfully I didn't spin out of control or anything and was able to get the car moving in the forward direction, but it was enough to scare me.

(Friday) So I didn't get this posted like I wanted to last night. We just got busy and then I got into something and didn't have the time to blog because it was almost 10:30 by the time I crawled into bed and normally I would be going to sleep by then. In any case, Ayden and I went to the Y yesterday afternoon and I worked out with my friend for the first time. It went good and we did about 45 minutes of working out. Dead tired though! So out of shape! Need to build myself up, but I wasn't sore this morning so that was good.

Then Ayden and I went back later at night to go swimming because the water slide was open and I said that we could. We might even go tonight if I feel ambitious enough. I want to go work out again tonight, even though the dreary weather is making me want to stay in the house and not work out... I want to stay positive about it and then Ayden and I can go swimming again. It is fun and the water is actually pretty warm at the Y... about 84 degrees... I think that is pretty warm. It is a little cold at first, but tell me, what pool water isn't... you don't want it hot tub warm when you are swimming anyways. And we both had fun last night swimming as well. Ayden went down the water slide a handful of times and I was doing some water aerobics as he was swimming. He was becoming a little daredevil though in the deeper water. He can just barely touch okay in 3'6" water (on his tip toes since he is 3'8", or was at his well child exam in August) and he is jumping in with a noodle to try and catch a ring he throws in. It is fine and dandy when I'm watching, but the times he through the ring out too far and I went to go get it, he would climb out and then jump in all alone. He was fine each time, but it was making me nervous because he cannot touch the best there. Little boys, haha!

Jay left after class today for Kansas... I could tell he was excited! At the point that I am writing this (2:30pm) he is most likely three to four hours into a ten to twelve hour drive! I don't know if he came home after class or left straight from campus and how far west he had to drive to meet JT before starting towards Kansas... hope they have fun though!

My day has flown by so far. I 'slept in' until 7am, which really didn't count because I didn't go to bed until midnight. I had some caffeine last night at 8:30 and after working out later, I just wasn't tired when it came time to crawl into bed. That and I had quite a deep conversation with a friend that lasted a while as well. I just wasn't ready for the day to end, haha! Then I had a lab from 9-11am this morning and was able to get part of it done so far. I have more to do, but it isn't too hard. After our lab, my classmates and I were going to work on another lab that is due on Wednesday, however some hearing aid stuff came in and I hadn't gotten to watch any of that yet so I opted to do that instead since we can work on the lab at a different time yet. The hearing aid stuff was pretty cool to do since I haven't really seen any of that yet and I also got 15 minutes towards my hours and some stuff checked off on my hearing aid list. Then it was to work for a little while and then off to the library to return some books.

They are doing Book IT at Ayden's school. It is still through Pizza Hut and both Jay and I did it during elementary school as well. I remember thinking my own little pizza was the coolest thing! Ayden needs 300 minutes during the month of October to earn his pizza and at the kindergarten level it is being read to, not reading yourself. Oh how I hope Ayden grows up with the same love of reading that I have. Today is the rainy kind of curl up on the couch with a good book and warm blanket kind of day!

Long day finally ends…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: