Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bet You Didn’t Know This…

…or maybe you did! I’m stealing the last post my super wonderful awesome cousin Amanda has on her blog. And no, I’m not being overly nice about how superly awesome and wonderful she is just because I’m her favorite cousin ;), because if you haven’t already noticed… she is pretty awesome!

Anywhoo… she posted 50 things about herself and I liked the post so here are 50 things about myself that you may or may not already have known about me!

1. My career aspirations have changed many times since high school… I used to want to be an archeologist, then architect, then forensic pathologist, speech language pathologist, and I finally settled on audiologist! Recently I also discovered ultrasound technician and thought that would be a cool career, but think I’ll stick with audiologist since I’ve already put so much work in. And really… I love me some ears! Yes, I realize that might make me sound a little crazy, but oh well! Everyone has their ‘loves’!

2. I became a mom at the young age of 18. Before Ayden I was soley career oriented and didn’t want to get married or have children any time soon. Since becoming a mom, I can’t wait to have more kids! I’m not stay at home mom material, but I do have the utmost respect for those who are because I think they have one of the toughest jobs, if not the toughest job imaginable! I want at least two or three more kids, if not four! My mom thinks I’m crazy, but Ayden has changed my perspective on it all!

3. I still have no rush to get married. Is that bad? Most people think marriage then baby, I did it backwards. Definitely not planned, but there is nothing I can do about that. I finally feel ready to get married and spend the rest of my life with Jay, but am in no rush to plan anything or get it ‘over with’.

4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I would read all day if I could, but alas I haven’t read anything for pleasure in the last eight weeks. I’ve been dying to start something good, but know that I don’t have the time at this point. When I read I get sucked into a whole new world and don’t want to leave. It is such a great stress releiever for me and love the feeling I get from it.

5. I sleep with three pillows. Two under my head and one in the middle of the bed. I like my bed space! I also cannot fall asleep cuddling with Jay. I need to be on my side of the bed all ‘situated’ and comfy. He doesn’t like this, haha!

6. I feel naked without my jewelry on. I need to have a watch, necklace, bracelet, and at least two or more rings on most days or feel weird. But I take all of it off before going to bed at night, even my engagement ring. I cannot sleep with any necklaces on or feel like I’m being choked!

7. I’m very organized in almost everything I do, although lately have been forgetting a lot of stuff, have been horrible at keeping up with my planner, and need to work on it some more! But I am anal about where things go and how they look. I put coats, shoes, and toys away most nights. I make beds that are going to get messy at night anyways, I arrange coasters, picture frames, and everything has it’s specific spot. Slightly OCD… maybe?!

8. I love to write… journal or letters that is. I’ve been ‘journaling’ since the early days in high school and it is great to do it again, only in the blogging form. I feel better after getting words out on paper, whether anyone reads it or not.

9. I’m a shy person when you first get to know me. My close friends might not describe me like that, but its true. I’m an introvert at heart and proud of it. Because of that, I don’t often like having to call people that I don’t know. I don’t like having to go outside my comfort zone, but am learning to do so more and more because my future career involves dealing with different people every day. Each clinic day makes it that much easier!

10. I’ve always been a photo enthusiast. Even before digital cameras became ‘the thing’ I took pictures upon pictures, only it was more expensive. And then digital cameras were introduced and I had to have one. My ‘obsession’ has only gotten worse since then and after finding MckMama’s blog and seeing what she does with pictures, I found myself craving something more than a point and shoot. And when an opportunity arose to get one, who could pass it up?! I don’t know if I’ll ever consider myself ‘professionalish’ or want to do it professionally, but I do know that I love it and will continue to try and improve my skills, so long as Ayden stays in front of the camera.

11. Along with the whole photo thing, I’ve become addicted to Photoshop (well the cheap version of elements) and don’t know what I did without it. I love doctoring the pictures I take and making them my own. I wish I had more knowledge of the things I could do or the money to get the ‘real’ photoshop and expand my skills.

12. I don’t wash the dishes at my house or clean the litter box. Jay takes care of both of those tasks and I do the laundry. I used to keep up on the laundry really well at our old place with the washer and dryer in our closet, but since it is now in the basement, I’ve been slacking at folding and putting away things. Its the washing part that is easy, haha!

13. I’m a horrible passenger driver, at least when Jay is driving. I have a fear of crashing and although I don’t let the other driver know (if it happens to be someone other than Jay), but I secretly hope nothing bad happens. Because of this, I often look out the side window instead of the front one.

14. I write in the margins of paper. I started this in high school and have done it ever since. I think they are such a waste of paper and utilize every spot that I can. I also print instead of use cursive. It takes me longer than average to write my name in cursive because I hardly ever use it and can’t remember the letters. I probably wouldn’t remember all the letters and how they are supposed to look if I had to.

15. I have four more years of schooling before I’m done! Sometimes I wonder why I decided to go the route I did and put myself through this, but often tell myself that in the end it will all be worth it. Student loan debt and all!

16. I will be in way over my head with student debt when I graduate, but have faith it will not stay that way forever. I am happy that that will be the only debt I will have when I graduate as we have one credit card bill that we are close to paying off and don’t plan to use it anymore anytime soon. And we don’t plan on buying a house until we know where our careers will take us.

17. I am jealous of my brother and sister and the things they seem to get from my parents that I never got, or maybe more so since I’ve moved out and more so from our dad. Although I am thankful that my mom let me live with her for a year after Ayden was born.

18. I have a younger half sister that is three weeks younger than her nephew. I wish we were closer and hope we can have that sisterly bond as she gets older, but will probably always look over her like a second mother.

19. I’m addicted to facebook and blogger. I’m on them both numerous times a day and feel disconnected when I don’t get on to see what everyone is up to lately. I’m kind of stalkerish like that and wonder what I did before I discovered these two things. I read a lot of blogs and feel like I know the 'blogger’ and their families even though I don’t know really any of them in real life.

20. I enjoy some ME time every night decompressing. I like to lay down in bed after Ayden goes to sleep and watch a half hour of TV just by myself to relax and unwind.

21. I love me some ice cream! A nightly bowl does my body some good!

22. I hate cooking! I think it is such a waste of time getting everything together and messing up all those dishes and then waiting for it to cook and then all those dishes to clean up and did I mention that it takes a lot a time. I’m all for easy no step meals that take no effort. And no that doesn’t mean we eat out all the time, just that I don’t cook elaborate meals!

23. I can’t stand coffee! Not the smell, not the taste, not anything about it. I prefer to get my caffeine source from the caffeinated beverage source been soda. I try to stick with one soda per day and am usually pretty good at that. I once went an entire school year without drinking soda, possibly my sophomore or junior year in high school. It was hard, but worth it. I’ve tried again, but alas have failed at all subsequent attempts!

24. I love being barefoot! If I could, I’d go all year round, but living in Wisconsin and having the cold winters we have make that hard. My soles get really rough in the summer because I hardly ever wear shoes or sandals outside unless I have to. It feels good to go barefoot and I don’t mind the rough heels. Although Jay complains about them!

25. I hate shaving my legs. I do so in the summer only because hair legs in shorts doesn’t exactly look good. In the winter… I do so only every so often. And when I do shave my legs, I do so out of the shower because I hate spending too much time in the shower. If I do, then I feel like I’m getting dirty again. Have I ever mentioned that I have weird quirks like that?! Hehe!

Okay… I’ll leave you with the first 25 tonight and try and come back and finish the second 25 tomorrow night! Hope you enjoyed!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: