Sunday, November 22, 2009

4 ‘A’ Adventure

I started my last post and then totally forgot about finishing it… oops! And then I got busy with taking my friend’s pictures of her daughters and then started editing them and finishing my Hearing Science test (of which I think I am pretty much done with… super yeah!) and then had some friends over on Friday afternoon thru Saturday afternoon…

Hence the 4 ‘A’ Adventure!!! My friend Andrea and her son Austin drove up for a visit. We met on facebook thru a mutual friend and had yet to meet in person and thought that the boys would get along great! And get along great they did! They got along so great you’d think they were brothers the way they laughed one second and were tackling each other the next! It was too funny to watch! Austin is just about to turn five and super cute and adorable. He is so polite and says some of the funniest things!Untitled-2They got into town just after 4pm on Friday and our fun started there. It didn’t take long for the boys to warm up to each other. My normally shy Ayden was anything but and was talking up a storm to Andrea as soon as she set foot in the door. The boys set to playing Mario Kart on the Wii while Andrea and I chatted it up in the kitchen. She is one of the sweetest people I know! It was great to get to sit down and talk in real life instead of over the computer or the phone and watch the boys play together! We had some supper (mac ‘n cheese and dino shaped chicken nuggets) and played some Uno Spin before heading off to the Y for some swimming! We had gotten two free guest passes when we got our Y membership and they expired at the end of the December so I thought this would be a great time to use them since I didn’t for see anyone else coming to visit that we would use them with. And swim we did! We went down the water slide a few times, the boys had fun playing with the noodles and splashing each other, and Andrea and I could not stop laughing! It was a great night!Untitled-3After swimming we came home and played some more Mario Kart (Austin really loved it!) and had some ice cream before calling it a night at 10pm! The boys were getting crabby and both of them were asleep within five minutes of laying down, it was so cute! Untitled-1On Saturday we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast… YUM! And ventured off to show our new friends the ‘big blue park’ because really, you can’t come to Point and not go to the big blue park, especially when the weather was as nice as it was! We are getting spoiled, but I’ll take every nice day as long as mother nature keeps handing them out! The boys definitely wore themselves out running around the park and then we went to throw some sticks into the water. I think they probably threw a small tree in the water with all of the big branches they kept finding! It was definitely great fun to watch them together! One second they were playing so nicely and the next they were tearing off each other’s hats to see who could throw it the farthest! Ah… to be that young again!

After we got home, they played one more round of Mario Kart and then Andrea and Austin had to leave because Andrea had to work in the afternoon and they had over an hour drive home yet.

I know that Ayden has friends at school and he plays well with them, but it was nice to see him play with someone he was meeting for the first time that was his same age so well! I’ve seen him play with Alexis countless times, but he’s known her his whole life and I’ve seen him play with kids a little older and a little younger, but no one this close in age, and it was really great! And not to mention that us moms got some talk time in as well! Hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: