Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another Great Week

Written Wednesday… posted Saturday… just never got around to it when I wrote it…

Despite the fact that this week is seeming to take forever and that I am looking forward to next week where I only have class thru Wednesday morning… it has been a pretty good week!

I had a Hearing Assessment exam on Monday and I’m pleased to announce that I got a 100% on it, just like last time. I love this kind of material and soak it all in. I also found out that our Hearing Science exam due date was post poned until next Wednesday which was a great surprise. I need to work on that some more, but that is what this afternoon is for! I have about half of it done so that is a start, right?!

Clinic went really well this week too… we were done an hour early and managed to get all of our reports and summaries written up before our regular clinic slot was even over which was even better. I like being able to get all of that stuff done right away!

Because I had some free time on Tuesday, I went and got my tragus pierced. IMG_2316 It was kind of a spur of the moment type thing. I thought about it on Monday night and told Jay that I wanted to get it done. I talked to two of my friends who have/had it done and one said it really didn’t hurt at all and one said it hurt so bad.

At first I didn’t think that I would be able to get it done until today. There are three tattoo/piercing shops downtown in Point. One had only mediocre ratings, one had really good ratings, and one at okay ratings. I read some not so good things about the first one and decided not to go there. The good one didn’t have their piercer in until today… well because I really wanted it done I told myself I would drive downtown and see if the okay place was open and you didn’t need an appointment. And it just so happens that it was. And to be honest, based on first impression of the place… probably somewhere I would go if I wanted a tattoo, looks wise. Looked very clean and professional like. Obviously, I would want to see some of the artists work before getting one done. For a piercing… looked like a fine place to me.

The piercer was very professional. He set up and called me back. I could smell the cleaning solution he used on the chair and everything was still packaged so I knew he was ‘doing it right’. He explained everything to me which was good and then proceeded with the piercing. Pain level… hardly anything. I was expecting at least something, to cringe or clench my fists really hard, but when he was done, I was like that was it?! Seriously, I have my belly button and nose pierced and didn’t think that either of those hurt really bad, so maybe I have an elevated pain threshold?! In any case, it’s great! I love it! Just a bit sore when touched, but that is to be expected I would assume. Taking care of it and glad I got it done! My first year friends might not be since they have to ‘work around it’ when doing impressions next semester, but we’ll survive.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: