Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Cards

It will be December in just a matter of days… so what does that mean? Christmas cards! Okay, so maybe Christmas is a few weeks away yet, but I couldn’t help myself. Actually, I’ve had our Christmas card done now for a few weeks. Pathetic, huh?! I was just really eager to get it done and I love it! What do you think? When I asked my mom she thought it should have pictures with snow in them, but well I’m hoping we don’t get accumulating snow until Christmas and it would just be too late to put my card together then, right? Probably not, but I like how the colors seem to coordinate as well. I have to admit that I did not come up with this all on my own, but did take some inspiration after looking around online a little bit. I think it turned out absolutely adorable!

The only thing that I’m not completely sure of is the whole ‘love, the hoerth’s’ since technically I’m not a Hoerth (yet)… In the past, I’ve signed the cards ‘love jay, ashley, and ayden’ but I didn’t want to take up the whole square with that and sort of like how it looks. My concession is that Jay and I have been together for years, are engaged, and at some point I will be a Hoerth… so is it that big of a deal? I don’t usually send out cards to anyone but close family, so its not like I’ll be sending a card to someone in the family that we don’t see very often and they will wonder when Jay and I ran off and got married and why they weren’t invited… at least I don’t think anyone that I plan on sending cards to will think that? I didn’t wonder about that until just now. Hmm… I might have to change it. I sent it to my mom when I made it to get her opinion on it and she didn’t say anything about it. And really I don’t care what people think about how I decide to sign our name. xmascard

Next you will find the Christmas cards that I have made through the past years, well actually, just two of them and then the pictures that I used. I love this first one! The setup could be better, but I did what I could with the camera I had and thought it turned out absolutely adorable!

DSCF0116

I don’t think I made a Christmas card the next year (our first year in Point), but I did take a family picture! If I would have made a card, this is the picture that I most likely would have used! For Ayden’s third Christmas, I know I made a card and I found the picture that I used, but unfortunately I couldn’t find the actual card that I made up. Oh well… at least I remember the picture I used, hehe!

And for Ayden’s fourth Christmas, I used something similar to the following picture. Once again, unfortunately I could not find the card I made up, nor do I think this is the exact picture I used because it is kind of blurry. Anyways, our first real Christmas tree as a family and another Christmas picture down!Last year I found this awesome website where I could make my own Christmas cards for free just by plopping in my pictures! The website now makes you pay for using it which really sucks, but at least I got these cute cards out of it! The first year I made a variety of cards and honestly, they were pretty much slopped together! I don’t really care for all of the picture choices, but they looked cute enough at the time being and were free! And above you have these  years concoction!

christmas_Page_4  christmas_Page_0 christmas_Page_1 christmas_Page_2 christmas_Page_3

It’s really no secret that I love being creative with stuff… I enjoy it way too much probably… oh well! Who’s going to stop me?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: