Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ayden’s Homework Box

IMG_2272(2)

New picture of me… I wish we had better lighting in our house so my ‘self portraits’ would turn out better… donning the lovely glasses in this one! Last night before going to my study group!

IMG_2285Lately we have been playing a lot of Uno Spin at our house. It is nice spin on the original Uno and it definitely helps with Ayden recognizing his numbers and how to play the game. And he does surprisingly well too!

IMG_2286

And when we are not playing that… we are playing Monopoly Deal! Now this is really a super fun game. I definitely recommend it to everyone! It takes a little bit understand it, but once you do, it definitely gets easier and a lot of fun! And boy can things turn in the blink of an eye. The only down side is that with about four or more players, you don’t always have a winner and it doesn’t say how you choose a winner then.

IMG_2291

This weekend I have done a lot of studying for my Hearing Assessment lab… don’t you love my notes?! I need a bigger binder already!

IMG_2288

But what I really wanted to this weekend was to get into my new book… I started it earlier in the week and made it to page 20 and haven’t picked it up since. Boo!

IMG_2290

 

 

 

 

 

It is over 1000 pages long… I can’t wait to get far enough into it that I am unable to put it down!

IMG_2293

After Ayden’s parent teacher conference this week I decided that it was time to start a homework box. Something that we can work on a little bit each day after we get home from school. It’s not that Ayden is behind at all in school, but I want to give him the best chance!

 

IMG_2294

In his homework box I have a clock/timer that lets us know that ‘we’ve’ worked long enough. I think that a half hour each day is plenty. I have some phonics flash cards, think-it-through books, a book for us to read, worksheets, stickers, etc… something fun to work on, but learn with at the same time!IMG_2292

And I’ve even included some incentive with some Bakugon cards. This will also work with the chore chart that we are going to start up again because when we did use that it went well, but we haven’t used it in a while and I think that it is about time to bring it back!

Alas, I should probably stop procrastinating and study a little more… although I am feeling relatively okay for this upcoming test, I think!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: